thanxgiving with his family at my house?!! advice please

ValVal
edited November 2012 in Current Events
OK OK OK I just found out his family is coming over for thanxgiving my issue--
hes family NEVER looks for him
he cant go anywhere cus he just had Knee surgery
ive never missed any holiday with my family n the thought of it kills me
i guess my problem is idk how to deal with not having Thanxgiving with my family! i know we dont ever do anything with his family and i know we would love it but how do i deal with it--?

Comments

• I can't spend the holidays without my family either. Can your family go to your house too?
  • Why don't you invite your family over to? Make it potluck! Might be crowded, but a home full of family is always fun!
  • Or you could do a Black Friday thanksgiving potluck with your family!
  • Unfortunately starting your own family means compromise. Holidays are big with my family, so its hard missing time with them. Luckily they understand. Maybe do a group setting with everyone, or have two thanksgivings!
  • yes girls i thought of inviting my family over but my family is huge im the youngest of 7 plus there other halfs and all the kids my place it tiny-- there only 3 of them in his family so itll be his brother nhis family n his sister wi th hers.. idk & i really doubt my family would change it to friday just for me -_- aghh im soo bumbed out lol but i guess it is true we been together for over 5 yrs and we rarely do anthing with his family
  • I think that is the only thing i hate about the holidays. But i would say to give it a chance. Hopefully next year you will be able to be with your family.
  • I understand I've always spent it with mine last year with his but now e everyone wants us everywhere and I'm trying to figure it out so we decided to go to.his side in the afternoon and mine at night cuz I have to work for an hour in the am I'm hoping. It will work since both sides always run out of food we.can eat alittle at each place then come home and eat
  • OMG. @Val the first time I did this (with my Ex Husbands family) I cried the entire time. The food wasn't the same, his family did weird stuff, the traditions weren't the same.) Needless to say I NEVER did that again.

Coming to your house maybe a lot different tho.
  • @lilloulou- i would love to spend thanxgiving split up like that but he cant move or walk with this surgery =(
    @YNVTish- dont tell me that lol I probably would cry lmfao i kinda feel out of the loop since the bf n his brother have been planning this-- n i just found out im hoping maybe i can sneak out for a bit to go hang out w my family =/ lol i guess him n hes borther are "trying" to work on their relationship simnce they never had one growing up which i feel like i have to be supportive i guess thats the part of being in a realtionship huh lmfao
  • edited November 2014
  • Well my plans changed today now after we leave my inlaws we r driving an hour and half to my cuzins since she just had a baby and ha been begging everyone for the last six months to come to her house because my grandma feels bad, which she told me today that she needs to do this to see her other great grand babies cuz she feels left out of there lives( long story cut short her and my cuz have been on outs for the last 7 years they blame each other for alot of things that happened when we were growing up) my grandma raised my bro and sis who were very sick and my cuz to... grams is very religious no sex before marriage my cuz has 3 kids getting married next year grams was not happy and said something about it but me I'm on my 2nd baby and she is very happy so I see the tension but hoping it all works out