almost 10 wks and lifting toddler

edited November 2012 in First Trimester
I have a 14 month old and im 9 wks 4d is it ok to be lifting my son so much??

Comments

• Depending on how much he weights. My doctor told me not to pick up anything 20lbs or more.
  • this is what I wonder to when I become prego also
  • My baby was about 30lbs when i got pregnant i always lifted him up but i did have spotting so i then waited until 15wks to carry him around. I still do he weighs 35lbs now and is 20months and i am 2days overdue! They dont recommend it but my baby is so spoiled =/
  • Oh gosh! I never even thought about that!
  • He weighs about 26 lbs i guess i should stop doing it as much but my son is a big mommys boy!! Thanks ladies!!
  • I'm 15 weeks and my daughter is 18 months, my doctor recommend that I don't carry her anymore so she starts getting used to mom not being able to. More so because the farther you get the more your balance is thrown off and adding a 25lb baby to that just throws it off more.

I still carry her she is spoiled.
  • Its really up to you. I guess i was told because my pregnancy is high risk. But if you feel fine afterwards then i guess its ok.
  • My friend and I were pregnant at same time last year she was with get second and she always lifted her toddler around and she's petite like me. She was fine. However I think of your doc says to avoid it then so your best to unless u absolutely have to. Like to help them get by or they fall down and cry. I think that's what I would do.
  • I was lifting 45lb bags of dog food and cases of laundry soap weighing 40ish lbs when i was prego. I was told if i was lifting it before i got pregnant that it was ok to continue
  • I lifted my baby who was 20 pounds my whole pregnancy. No issues for me.
  • I was pregnant and still carrying my 2 yr old...boy carrying all the time but did have to lift him from time to time.
  • My doctor told me to carry on with my normal duties he said if I did it b4 I can do it now. I was a truck driver pushing around dollies that way every bit of 400lbs, my husband swears the stuff I did got our son stuck in my pelvic but first. Lol

You are a couple weeks father than I am and my son weighs 26 pounds i lug his butt every where.
  • My doctor never mentioned anything. Tonight I carried both my girls downstairs at the same time after their bath. They are 2 1/2 & 1 1/2. Combined they are around 50 lbs. They weight was pretty even though since I had one on each arm. I'm 34 wks
  • If you are not high risk and have no reason to worry, doctors will tell you it is fine. However if there is bleeding, pain or problems try to limit under 20 pounds. Just don't overdo things, but don't use being pregnant as a crutch. I would think you are okay :-)
  • I carried 80lb tool boxes out to fix jets until 7mo with my daughter. Doctors usually say not to lift anything heavier than your child ;) It simply isn't feasible to not pick up your little one. Like @luvmy5 said, if you're not high risk, no worries!
  • Sounds great!! Thanks ladies!
  • My lo was 25 lbs and I picked her up plus I my work I have to carry 25 lb dough bags and boxes of cheese and help with freight even though in the end it killed my back
  • im still carrying my little one around and he weighs 24lb now! hes 17months old and im due in 11days!
  • I was told nothing over 25lbs. My baby at the time only weighed around 20lbs or so. It wasn't til close to the end that I really would start to feel it