trying to pick a name for our second daughter

edited November 2012 in Pregnant
Our 14 month old is named Giana, heres what we are considering...honest opinions please
AHBRIELLA (BRIELLA)
CELIA
AHBRIELLE (BRIELLE)

Any other suggestions?

Comments

• Giana's pretty, I don't like the other names
  • I like the 3rd ine. Btw I love the name Giana. My hubby and I have always said if we ever have a girl we're naming her Giana.
  • I like Ahbriella but the spelling looks a little funny to me, I'm not sure how else you could spell it
  • I really don't like the spelling because after i read "ah" i pause then say the rest. I like the third one though spelled Aubrielle or the first Aubriella but the third is my fav! Don't really like the second.
  • I would go with the first though they both would have an "A" at the end of their names and it flows together nicely!
  • I like the first. But think Aubriella is a prettier spelling.
  • Aubriella or Aubrielle.
  • I agree, the H looks weird. Aubriella is pretty. Just remember when naming your kid that other kids are really mean and you don't want her to be made fun of. I say that because I have a crappy first name and I was picked on for it as a kid.
  • Cute without the 'H'. May I ask why the different spelling? I ask because Giana isn't 'Giahna'. You did the normal spelling for her, so why a different for this baby? I hope thwt didn't sound rude.
  • I like Celia
  • edited November 2012
    I love Giana an Celia so cute together !!
  • I was between the name we picked and cicelia so I say celia :)
  • I like celia, but agree au on the other names looks more pretty then ah. Would you ever just name her briella? I like that alone and bri for short?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I would spell them abrielle or abriella but the reason I spelled it with an h on here was only for pronunciation purposes since were typing lol sorry ladies!! here in NC it would be butchered and pronounces A brielle so I agree either aub or ab. I LOVE Briella but don't want her initials to be BJ bc the last name is Jenkins and kids can be so mean @leviluv8 @frantastic @luvmy5
    @everyone thank you spook much!! With Celia I think it would be cute CiCi and GiGi which is what we call Giana :-)
  • @leviluv8 the worst part is I font want her to be called bri or Aubrey ahhh lol
  • Ov yeah bj would be a mean thing with kids ! :( I like celia still. Cici is so cute
  • Not completely the same, but i love the name Brynlee...i think its pretty with Giana!
  • Oh, I see. Next timeyou can spell how you intend and then put the pronounciation in parentheses? Like Aubriella (ah-bree-ella)? I think Brielle is cute but used a lot recently, but Celia is precious! I love Giana. I almost named one of my daughters Gia.
  • Aubriella is pretty
  • @luvmy5 yeah i didnt feel like typing that much haha and Gia is cute but def didnt want Giana to have that as a nick name, kinda like Aubrey doesnt appeal to me either does bri but i like Abrielle or aubriella, im weird haha
  • @Frantastic Kid's will make fun of anything regardless of how the names sounds or looks.

@kenzie0713 like that name Giana. Aubriella is beautiful name too but I wouldn't put the h in it..
  • I understand completely. It is your baby and you want to make sure it is the perfect name. @mylove2 if you read above, you will see where the OP said she only put the 'H' in there so people knew how to pronounce it, but is not the way it will be spelled.
  • Oh didn't notce, sorry. @luvmy5
  • @mylove2 no problem, just wanted to let you know :-)
  • @mylove2 it just really sucks being on the receiving end of it. I hated my name so much growing up and I even looked into changing it when I turned 18. It really makes me sad when people give their kids weird names because I know how crappy it is getting made fun of.
  • @Frantasic what is your name?
  • My name is Francesca, pronounced Fran ches ka. It's horrendous. I go by Franny but that's still pretty shitty too. I wanted to change it to Jessica when I was older but I never did. I think it's to late now. I've been called Fran ses ca, fransica, Francine, Frances, franjessica, Franny fanny, fat Franny, Fran chest a, you name it I've probably been called it. It was so awful growing up because every year, I would start school and the teachers would always say my name wrong and then I would have to correct them. Then the other kids would laugh and usually I had a new nick name by the second week of school. Teachers thought I had attitude because I would correct them but honestly I just wanted them to say my freaking name right. Ugh sorry for the rant, I guess I'm just really bitter about it still. I swore up and down though, that when I had children I would give them nice normal names that people couldn't make fun of.