amway

Anyone ever been involved, or had someone close to them involved? Id love to hear people's stories and experiences.

Comments

• It's...I don't know how to say it without sounding rude, but its a world wide company that sells items from vitamins to house hold cleaners, and youre your own 'boss' who sells and gets other people to sign up and get a commission from their sales (not technically by definition a pyramid scheme but pretty effing close) my sister wants to join with her girlfriend, and has possibly already signed my cousin. Everything I find online makes it sound horrible, and very cult like especially to those susceptible to peer pressure, which my sister is. I'm kinda worried about her and it, but don't really know how to say anything or even if I should...

@starrxoxo9
  • Did you show her what you saw online?? I'd definitely say something, that sounds scary.
  • No I haven't...she's really stubborn, as am I, and I know if I say something, she'll take it as me being a know it all... @starrxoxo9 and I'm not sure how to say it without sounding condescending...
  • Maybe you can just email her the links?
  • Ya I might try that. Thanks @starrxoxo9 its nice just being able to talk it out a bit.
  • It's totally a pyramid scheme. My grandparents got into that crap when I was younger. They got out but lost money and got really screwed over. I had a girlfriend who started getting into that too but she quit before getting in too deep.
  • @frantastic thanks for sharing. Any advice on how to get people to not do it, or recognize if they're in too deep??
  • Well the thing with my grandparents happened when I was younger so I don't really know what they did but my bestie realized that it was a scam when they started telling her that she needed more start up capital aka more money. But I warned her that it was a pyramid. Hopefully your sister doesn't lose too much money getting into that.
  • My hubbys gma used to sell it, a long time ago, but she just gets a lot of stuff from them, like tp, paper towels, detergent, soap, umm a while bunch of stuff. She made good money when she sold it. She sold it 20+ yrs ago though, I am sure it is very different now.
  • I know someone that that's what here and her hubby do for a living and they love the company
  • We tried it... But I just can't bring myself to bug people into buying stuff from me or bugging them about joining my team... We didn't do very well lol