Should I take him to the Dr?

My 1yr old woke up really sick today. He sounds like he has soooo much phlegm in his chest and has a bad sounding phlegm cough, he feels warm too. Right more he is trying to sleep but keeps getting woken up by the cough. His chest sounds so congested and bad. Could this be croup? I'm very worried, don't know if I should take him in to the immediate care clinic since his doctors is closed. Please help.

Comments

• I would. Couldn't hurt.
  • Thats ur call. My son is just getting over it Doc said it has to run it course theres nothing she can do. But u mau want to have his ears checked anyway.
  • Yea I would to check for ear infections
  • When Julian had croup he had a really dry barking cough. He'd get really bad at night , he couldn't get any sleep becaude of the cough his eyes were swollen. It was horrible, I really hope he doesn't have croup. Have you taken his temperature? I hope he feels better friend.
  • I'd take him in. I've actually been having the same problem the last week. Friend was telling me she had the same thing, so I think its going around.
  • @juliansmommy @pineapple07 @mrz_jackson I took him in, stupid doctor said its just a viral infection. BULLSHIT, I'm so tired of these doctors already.
  • I agree w u. When we took Julian to the er on a Fri night the Dr literally walked in and automatically assumed it's a virus and sent us home. Well by Sun he got worse he wasn't eating, his cough was worse, and he was wheezing. We took him to immediate care and the Dr saw how bad he was and they did xrays andblood work. He did have croup:( They put him on a breathing treatment which really helped him. I hope Zori gets better soon.
  • @juliansmommy I hope so too :( my poor baby has not been able to sleep at all today bcuz when he does the cough and phlegm wakes him up.
  • I was just in the similar situation, but with myself. My regular doctor was booked so I went to the urgent care. The doctor said my glands were very swollen, exclaimed it must be evry painful and that my ears were red and fluid filled, my nasal passages were nearly swollen shut and my throat was red and swollen. Yet he refused antibiotics. I left in tears. Imcouldn't swallow my own spit. Called and explained to the nurse my suppressed immune system and she didn't understand why the doctor wouldn't give me antibiotics. He actuallymsaid for me to let my body fight it for a few more days and to come back in 3 days and then he would prescribe antibiotics. After the phone call he said he didn't realize my disease and he called in my antibiotics right then. I would push for a recheck and medicine if you feel he needs it.
  • Do you have a humidifier?(is that how you spell it lol) That works real good when there is phlegm in the lungs. Try that and just check his temperature every 45min to an 1hr.
  • My daughter had the same thing a few weeks ago and I brought her in twice and both times different doctors said the same thing there was nothing.they could do just wait. I used a humidifier and put baby vapor rub on her feet and put socks on and it seemed to help. She still has a little bit of a cough but for the moat part it went away after a couple weeks. But its hard just listening to her knowing there wasn't much I could do to help her.
  • Both my los just got over something similar. It will go away. Just keep pushing fluids and use a nasal syringe to get the phelgm out of his nose. Don't give him any dairy as it only will make the mucus worse.
  • Hope your son is doing better. I just took my son for the similar things and he got a inhailer to use for two weeks
  • edited November 2012
    If you feel like he's getting worst take him in again. When my son first came down with it I though it was a cold and nope a lot of kids right now are getting sick like this. 4 of my friends kids have either had a lung infection or croup
  • @angie87 he got so much worse last night so I took him to the immediate.care this morning again and my luck that it was the same stupid doctor but she could tell I was annoyed with her writing it off. For Gods sake he couldn't breathe and his chest sounded HORRIBLE. He also had a fever. So she gave us an order for antibiotics, I am really hoping it works bcuz it breaks my heart seeing him so sick. @juliansmommy @erikak22 @lilliansmom @perly @luvmy5
  • Oh no pobrecito:( good thing u took him back. I hope he gets better soon.
  • I am so glad they gave you some medication. I hope it helps!
  • Are you giving him vitamins? My daughter is getting over a bad cold. Im giving her a honey based natural med that has vitamin c and zinc in it. And im giving her 2 gummy vitamins. In two days she was goibg alot better!!
  • Oh no I hope he gets better soon. I know I hate when my son is sick also makes me sad
  • @proudmommy8789 I'm going to look into getting him some vitamins, thanks!

@angie87 thank you!
  • How's Zori doing?
  • @juliansmommy the antibiotics helped him alot! :) No more fever today either. Bad thing is now my throat is starting to hurt. Memo to self: do not share straw with sick baby :(
  • My son had a horrible fever amd still has the cough and hourse voice and still has a fever they said it was viral and give him moltrin.