i love pregly

I am so happy to be back on pregly. Its the only thing that helped keep me sane my first pregnancy. I quit getting on here after my son was born, but I got back on here after thinking I may be pregnant again. My period was like 11 or 12 days late but then I started my period. Im anxious to see what my period will be like next month because when I got pregnant with my son my period was late in November, i started my period, and then it was late again in December but my pregnancy test finally showed positive. Its odd how this is happening around the same time. My husband had a vasectomy though so it may just be my baby fever and mind playing tricks on me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though and if i'm not pregnant next month me and my husband are going to talk to our doctors about a reversal.

Comments

• Why did he have it done? Hopefully the reversal works
  • We didnt plan on having anymore kids because I was a high risk pregnancy due to blood clots. I had to take blood thinner shots in my belly my whole pregnancy plus 12 weeks pp. Our son was born with a rare genetic disorder called PKU which is where his body cant metabolise protein like ours. So we have to buy very expensive, special formula for him. He will have to drink it for the rest of his life and he cant eat any meat or dairy. If we have another baby it will probably have PKU too. So we figured it would be best we only have one child. I was 20 at the time I delivered my son and insurance wouldnt pay for me to have my tubes tied til I was 21 (even though I was only 2 months away) so my husband had the vasectomy done. Ever since my period was so late and I thought i was pregnant me and my husband started liking the idea of having another baby.
  • Ahh I see. I have a cousin with pku, no fun at all. Good luck!
  • Yes, definitely not the easiest thing. His PKU is mild though so im thankful for that
  • I hope everything goes well with reversal. Never heard of PKU. Is it hereditary?
  • It's a genetic thing. Both parents have to have the specific gene to possibly have a baby with PKU. My husband and I had never heard of it either until our son was diagnosed. When Carson grows up and if he decides to have kids, the only way it might have PKU is if his wife has that gene too. @veevee
  • I hope everything works out for you hun i can completely understand wanting another one. It sounds like you were just trying to do the right thing at the right time :) If you get pregnant everything will work itself out