anyone know

edited November 2012 in Babies Health
What this could be? It's all over his body...underarms, legs, belly

Comments

• Did he recently have a fever and seem really sick? If so, it could be baby measles (I forget the technical name, something that starts with an r) if so, by the time the spots are there, he's almost better. If he hasn't been sick...I'm not sure. Could be heat rash or allergic reaction?
  • @natashalynn I'm thinking maybe heat rash...but does that spread? I did also go from tide pods to all free and clear but I thought free and clear would be better.
  • I'm not sure if it would spread per say, but it could happen in different places if that makes sense? Or if the rash correlates with the detergent change, maybe try changing back? Unfortunately it might be a process of elimination for you, maybe try changing back your detergent and see what happens? Unless its bothering him, then maybe go talk to a doctor, they might be able to give you a cream or suggest something over the counter for it.
  • Look at pics of roseola...when my daughter had it, it looked very similar. She did have a pretty high fever in the few days before she got the rash though.
  • @natashalynn it doesn't seem to be bothering him and no fever. I do know he sweats when sleeping...I'm gonna have to go thru process of elimination to figure this out.
    @coltensmamma what is that? He doesn't have a fever with it...do they get a rash when teething?
  • Roseola is baby measles. Lol that's the word I couldn't remember! But, yes it starts off with a High fever, then when the fever breaks the spots come. Have you tried putting diaper cream on it? See if that makes a difference. Or are his clothes too small and rubbing against his skin? New clothes?
  • @natashalynn ok thx:) I tried diaper cream but its pretty much everywhere except his face. I'm wondering now if its detergent bc it seems to be only where clothes touch. His diaper area is clear but its on his legs. His clothes are big on him bc he wears his brothers old clothes and I recently pulled out the winter stuff and his brother was older than him at this time of yr...I'm gonna start using the old detergent see if that works...I'm wondering if I should take him to the Dr tho.
  • I'm not sure what that is sorry :( take him to the doctor .
  • It wouldn't hurt to take him in, especially if you trust your Dr. At very least, it'll ease your mind. I'm sorry love. I hope he justs better soon. Did you wash big brothers clothes before letting him wear them? If not, maybe he's having a reaction to dust or something. I hope you find a solution soon!!
  • @natashalynn ok thx so much I'm gonna make an appt tomorrow bc today we had parent teacher conferences.
  • Yep, looks like roseola (not 100% on the spelling). Uriah had it and had a super high fever for 1 day and the rash for like 5 days. His pedi said some kids never get the fever, some never get the rash, a few get both.