any military wives/moms in hawaii?

edited March 2011 in Military moms
Anyone that is station here in Hawaii? I am from the island and my husband been station here for over three yrs and will be deploying. I would love a support team since this is our first deployment as a family and second child together. I jus don't want to lean a lot on my family to

Comments

• Not yet, but I have been besties with the guy I'm talking to for 10 yrs and if he gets his way I'll b married and on the island within the year, :) he will be home n Indiana on r&r next week and we r gonna c how it goes.
  • Well keep me updated my husband is station in Hawaii and deployed this yrs
  • We are trying to get orders out there so hopefully we will be soon!! My husband is also getting ready to deploy so even if I'm not out there you can still talk to me. Is this your first deployment together?
  • Yes this is our first deployment together we have a 7 month old and this is our second child together im pregnant with
  • This is our first, he is supposed to be leaving not long after our little girl is due. How far along are you? What branch is your hubby in?
  • I'm 10 weeks and 3 days. My husband is in the army.. he's deploying next month for a yr he's gonna try to get his r&r around my due date. How far along are u?
  • My husband was stationed there 5 years ago it was my favorite place. I loved spending time on the morth shore at sharks cove it was quiet and had great snorkeling
  • Have y'all been watching the news about the tsunami? I know we have pregly moms there and am praying everyones ok
  • @mamanorth I'm 30 weeks today. He is gonna be gone anywhere from 6-8 months.
  • Ya I heard im in Ohio for now till the 20th but I Texted my family to see if they were ok,,

@navybabyonway well im always here for u I guess im kinda lucky bc I have my family when my husband is deployed and I can make a trip out to Ohio to see his family
  • @mamanorth yeah I'm moving back to AZ while he is deployed both of our families are there. Then once he comes back ill move back to California until we either pcs or he gets out.
  • Yes, definitely all of my fellow Preglies and Pregly family members, please be careful today and tonight with the tsunami warnings.
  • @navybabyonway ya that's one thing im glad my husband is station in Hawaii

@fingerscrossed last I heard the tsunami warnings were called off for Hawaii after a while
  • @mamanorth The warnings were called off as far as I know now, too. I finally got a chance to speak to my best friend stationed over there (Navy), and she said now the biggest concern were the vacationers panicking. The worst her portion of the islands received were larger waves. Thank heavens.

My heart goes out to all of the families and friends of the people in Japan who have been affected by this disaster.
  • Yea I had checked with all my friends just to hear some news since im on vacation