Hey ladies

edited November 2012 in Health
I have a question. I was wondering if you can ovulate if you dont have a period? My last period started on aug 1 and lasted til aug 20. No, not normal lol. I was on the depo bc but didnt get the next shot. I only had a total of 2 shots. My 3rd shot was due sept 11 but i didnt get it because it was messing with my period. My period was pretty normal after having my daughter in dec. In march i got 1st shot, things were pretty normal. In june got 2nd shot anf thats when things changed. June and july i had no period, not even spotting. Aug came and i bled for 20 days. Then sept came, no bleeding. Ok. Lol. Oct came, still nothing. I took a couple hpt and the 1st on had no result so i took another one and it was neg. I took a 3rd one just to make sure lol and was neg. Now, here we are the middle of nov and still no bleeding. I dont know if i should take another hpt or not. Can i ovulate or even get pregnant with no period? We have been using condoms as bc cuz i would cry if i got preg. I dont have money to get on the bc i want to use, which is the iud. Does anyone have any ideas or comments?

Comments

• I don't have any ideas but yes you can ovulate without having a period. People who are breastfeeding but don't get periods get pregnant all the time.
  • I see. I was hoping that not having a period ment i couldnt get preg. Lol. I guess i will get a test when i get paid tomorrow. :-(
  • @angel26 are you breastfeeding? I've also heard that not having your period could mean that you are not ovulating. Either way, buy the pregnancy test and if it comes back negative try to make an appointment with your doctor. Its better to be on the safe side.
  • With depo your period being non existent can be pretty normal. When I first did depo mine didn't come back for six months. It's been common enough that on some website's they will warn you. If you really want to be on birth control I'd go on the pill for now, it should help jumpstart your period.
  • @perly no, im not bf. I dont have insurance so seeing a dr would be very expensive.
    @pineapple07 i cant take the pill because i cant remember to take them. i have tried a few diff times.
  • @angel26 i understand. well missing your period could also be a side effect of the depo. i had one dose but it didn't stop my period.
  • @perly ya, i figured it be inactive cuz of depo but i figured it would be back by now.
  • When i got off the depo i didn't have my period for a few months. I took multiple hpts and all neg i finally went to my dr and she gave me provera to induce a period and it still didn't come...i just had to wait it out.
  • @angel26 hopefully you see it soon.
  • I like not having af lol. But i know its not healthy to not have af. Plus i wont know im not prego til i have af.