My poor baby girl

edited November 2012 in Babies Health
My poor baby girl has a horrible cough. She has had it for a few days so i finally got her in to the dr. She has rsv. I feel so bad for her. She coughs so much. Last night she was coughing so much she kept waking up. I feel so bad for her.

Comments

• Poor little babe I'm hoping she gets better soon, my little one still has a cold and ear infections but cause her nose is plugged or runny she chokes on her food and it scares me, wishing best for ur lil girl
  • edited November 2012
    My son has been coughing pretty bad to but thank god he is over it he just has a bit of an after cough. If it keeps her up at night put vapor rub on her neck but right in the middle. If its baby rub put a lot well not a lot but enough but if she has it really bad put a pea size of the adult one. And she will not cough thru the whole night. Also they made pedia care for 0-36 months
  • @cant_wait93 i put baby vapor rub on.it doesnt seem to help.
  • Hope she feels better soon!!
  • My son has the same thing :( last night he was coughing so much he puked :( but he is antibiotics now and they have helped him sooo much.
  • Yea so use the one for us. Just put a bit
  • Only poor vapor rub on the bottom of their feet! Under a certain age you're not supposed to put it anywhere else. Also (not to scare you cuz I don't know what her cough sounds like) but whooping cough cases are really high this year. I'm Anchorage they were saying that in the last month there have already been more reported cases then we had all last year.
  • @smcox she sounds like she trying to cough something up. Which is why they said rsv. I will try.
  • What are they doing for it? Isn't that something they are hospitalized for? Or am I making that up? Hope she feels better soon!!!
  • @smcox they said if she gets to dehydrated or is working hard to breath or not acting herself then to take her to primary childrens hospital. But so far she has been pretty much herself. With the exception of being clingy and some what cranky at times, which is pretty normal for a sick baby. She just coughs a lot. :-(
    @cant_wait93 i put some on her feet. We will see. So far she still coughing some. :-(
    @excitedforoctober ya, my daughter has done that. I feel so bad. They said to use a bulb sucker to help her, but theres nothing up to where i can do that. I just feel so helpless. :-(