mommies with baby girls

edited November 2012 in Parenting
ok so i was wondering. So you know how you do ponytails to your daughters hair. and well i like to do different things. So wanted to ask do you take them of before going to sleep at night or you leave them?

Comments

• I have to always have her hair up in at least a piggy tail cuz her hair lays flat down and covers her eyes to where she can't see if i don't. And i do keep it up when she sleeps but she tosses and turns a lot so it comes out most of the time. But she hates me messing with her hair so her hair always looks so messy put up and comes out crooked all the time!
  • Sorry my angel doesnt have enough hair to do anything yet lol. I cant wait. But i will take it out at night cuz thats what i do witj my hair. Unless its braided. Lol.
  • My daughter has a ton of hair. I do it everyday. Mostly piggy tails. Her hair also is to long in the front to leave down. When she takex a nap I leave them in. at night I usually take them out so het scalp can relax and its not always pulling on her hair. Sometimes at night when she tosses and turns the rubber bands will break if left in. I am afraid she might put them in her mouth.
  • As a hair stylist and a mother my advice is to take them out every night and not do a pony or piggys everyday bc it can and norm does cause breakage.
  • We always take her hair out at night..she gets a bath every night anyways. I leave it in during nap time tho. We have tried clips and she has learned to pull those out. @kenzie0713 then what would you suggest to put it in? My lo's hair completely covers the front of her face, it reaches down to her mouth. I can not not put it up some how. We've tried clips and she pulls them out..she leaves her pony alone.
  • I always recommend clips, head bands, bows and if you have to do ponys always change the location and keep them loose hat way your not straining the hair in the same spot over and over. Have you considered trimming the front?? What nationality is your daughter?? I'm referring to Caucasian hair, if she's mixed with anything it canbe a different ball game
  • I do my daughters hair in pontytails an leave them in but shes mixed an has very curly knotty hair so I have to to be able to attempt to pick it out the next day lol
  • Do a french braid....they have tutorials in youtube..
  • My daughter is caucasian,but I don't wanr to cut it yet. She pulls her clips out too. But her hair isn't long enough for a french braid.
  • french braid isn't made for any certain race. @brittneymcgrew
  • I understand not wanting to cut it most moms don't want to but that's how their kids end up with bangs is from the breakage. My daughter won't leave clips alone either lol little stinkers, what ab head bands?
  • I wasn't talking about race. I was talking about putting her hair up in the same spot. Like what kenzie0713 was saying. I also was just saying I can't wait to do a frech braid on her hair its just not long enough.
  • @mylove2 I think she's just looking for safe options while letting her daughter's hair get long enough to do more things with, she would prob love to be able to do a French braid. My daughter is mixed and at 14 month still has baby fine short hair haha I love it