Comments

• People are going to tramatize their poor children with these crazy names!
  • She *weys*..... clearly not bright. Poor baby!
  • Awe poor baby girl!
  • Why should it matter what someone else names their child?
  • @Mrs4c Because of the ridicule the child will face when they're older. And it's simply respect for another human being. It's one thing to give your child a unique name or a uniquely spelled name. But to just make up words or use words that clearly aren't names just isn't ok. How about the couple in Egypt who named their baby Facebook? Or that couple a few years ago who named their baby Sextoy?? Do you think that's acceptable??
  • I don't see what the problem is. Hashtag is not the same as sextoy. And not to be mean, but posting this article about baby Hashtag is in a sense not having respect for the baby and placing. Ridicule on an innocent baby. You posted it allowing other's to mock the babie's name. And what about respect to the parents? They're human too. Do you think that's acceptable?
  • @Mrs4c Oh god give me a damn break. Now I'm ridiculing the baby. Lmfao. You gotta be kidding me. I hope that was a joke for your sake.
  • I think it's a silly name and I'd never name MY child that.
  • @mrs4c I agree the baby has no control over this. The article should not have been published at all!!!
  • The article is mocking the parent, not the child
  • This article is about how stupid it is to name a baby stupid names .....why the hell would she criticize the baby for that....

People misinterpret everything.
  • Kids will always find something to pick on about someone they don't like or even if they do like them. I was picked on for a month or two in first grade because I was the only kid with green eyes. Then it was the kid who threw up in class. At one point in high school we realized a boys name sort of rymmed with masterbater... Give a bunch of teenaged boys that ammo and you can only imagine.

Kids can be cruel, it is our jobs as parents to teach our children that bullying is wrong.
  • Are you serious people? Has anyone read the title of the thread? She is not judging the baby. She is simply stating that some PARENTS do not think about the kind of childhood their children will have when they name them like this. She never once mentioned the child having anything to do with the name she/he was given.

Stop assuming things! Read the thread as many times as you need so you can understand what is being said before you post. Some comments are not necessary. And honestly, if you cannot disagree peacefully, then maybe you shouldn't be commenting. This is disappointing. We are all grown women. Why are we behaving like cats and dogs. This is not what Pregly is for.
  • At least she could choose to go by 'ash'? I blame this trend on celebrities lol
  • edited November 2012
    I guarantee that if the argument that took place yesterday never happened, this post would have had a different outcome. And yes it will be denied, but hey, I went to high school, I know how it is lol. Oh well.
  • Oh god really with these people.
  • Who's behaving like cats and dogs? Or even the high school reference? Where's that coming from?
  • I don't see anything wrong with this post. No one made a big deal out of Beyonce's baby's name post.
  • @Mrs4c I'm referring to the cliquey mob mentality that usually takes place in high school, and is apparent here. Because of yesterday's argument I'm now low on the totem pole, and an easy target. It's so obvious it's actually funny.
  • @juliansmommy Exactly. It's only because *I* posted it lol.
  • I'm sorry you feel that way. I wasn't on yesterday so I must have missed whatever. I hope you don't think I'm part of a mob. I don't do cliques. I like everyone.:)
  • Poor baby... Name your kids what you want but the poor girl is going to get so much crap :-(
  • I don't think there's anything wrong with this thread. No one said anything negative about the baby, just the parents are silly for the name they chose
  • @natashalynn I agree. Celebrities take it toooo far with names!