Full time Moms

I was under the impression that as my son got older ( he is almost 14 mo) the sleep deprivation would go away. I work full time outside the home (and drive 2 hours a day to get to work), so time is a novelty. When I get home it's a struggle to balance keeping some modicum of order in my house and spending quality time with my husband (who also works full time) and son. Even on the nights where I do get enough sleep which are admittedly few and far between, I'm still exhausted. I have an underactive thyroid as well, so that may be part of it...I'm just so tired of being so tired! Does this ever get better? Please tell me there is a light at the end of this tunnel! How many moms work outside the home and still have all the duties of a sahm? How do you balance it all?

Comments

• I am in the exact same boat as you! I have a 13 mo old and am also working fulltime AND have an underactive thyroid. Even before I got pregnant (I'm 9 weeks) I have been struggling with extreme exhaustion. My LO one goes to bed between 7 and 7:30 and most nights I am sooooo tired I also make that my bedtime. And I hate that my SO doesn't get why I am always so damn tired.
  • Same thing here! I don't know what to do anymore and now my almost 13 month old has decided she doesnt know how to sleep more than 4 hours at a time and then takes at least 30 minutes to an hour to go back to sleep! I just want one good nights sleep. And I don't have a day off from work until next Thursday!
  • edited November 2012
    This might sounds to easy but my 12.5 month old did not sleep thru the night until we bought a mattress. We had one that he must have hated bc he would sleep in my bed (alone) but not in his. My husband figured it was his mattress and I said what the heck lets try it. He has slept all night in his bed for a week. Just thought I would share we tossed that dam infant mattress.
  • I feel the same way :( I work 40+ hours a week and have a 1 1/2 hour commute. O just made myself coffee so I can stay up long enough to get dishes and laundry done. Most nights It's a struggle for me to stay awake past 9 :( I hope it gets better! BTW I have a 15 month old.
  • Uhh, I don't think you get sleep until they are out of the house lol. I have an eight yr old, two yr old and a 7 month old. They all are up early everyday. I'm always tired I usually nap when the boys do but I'm still tired. The 7 mo old has been teething so he cries out at night and wakes me up. My fiancee works second shift so I'm basically here by myself weeknights with the 3 kids. I did work full time up until June I got laid off...so I guess that's a blessing bc I wasn't sure how I'd do it working and being by myself at night.
  • Well..... Dishes and laundry still piled up I am just too tired to deal with them. I thought I wanted to have 4 years between babies but I think I would rather get all the sleepless nights out of the way now!
  • I'm a stay at home mom to a 14 month old during the day and I work nights and weekends as a hair stylist...I'm also 31 weeks prego...I feel drained the second I wake up.
  • @jaxmommy81011 that's exactly why we got pregnant so soon, well a year, so we can get the hard times out of the way!
  • My oldest is 20. I've been tired for 20 years! Lol Ha ha Just kidding, it gets better eventually, I just keep having more & starting over all the time! :)