FOR THE RECORD...

I was in no way intending to bash anyone, hurt anyone's feelings or put anyone down. If my brutal honesty was offensive then I apologize.

It just sucks that when someone goes against the grain with good intentions, it's ALWAYS taken the wrong way on this forum.

I'm beginning to understand why people end up lashing out and leaving.

Comments

• For the record...

I'm sorry too. I understand you had good intentions, the way you said it was hurtful though. It doesn't justify my reaction but I was offended by some of the things you said not only to me but to others. Again, I'm sorry.
    Let's move on?
  • @Natashalynn Thank you, and yes.
  • For the record.... you should consider apologizing to @wilsomom (assuming you haven't already). That was mean and low.
  • I'm sorry if I reacted wrong in any way too. I understand you have strong feelings about your opinions & so does everyone else it seems. Maybe we should all start saying "in my opinion" first. Lol
  • edited November 2012
    @waasae We posted at the same time lol, & thanks. :)
  • No worries! I just hate to see misunderstandings explode!
  • In my opinion her original post is an apology to everyone who took offensive to her comments which would include wilsomom.
  • In my opinion that comment needs a personal hand made apology. Its one thing to talk about parenting styles and totally different thing to openly bash a persons family problems.
  • edited November 2012
    @char I am grown enough, differences aside, to say I completely agree with you.
  • edited November 2012
    Oh my goodness. It was all bashing. A public apology wasn't enough? An apology that was directed at all involved. I have seen so many people (myself included) openly bash others on here, and haven't apologized. Maybe we should all learn from Starr.... Haven't you people heard of the inbox??? If this was my thread, I'd seriously not ever apologize again.

@starrxoxo9 No good deed goes unpunished.
  • I agree with @Fate an open apology to all involved includes everyone involved. She made the apology public and it seems like just because it didnt live up to ur expectations it wasn't good enough. But be real an apology is an apology not every will apologize and the other thread was a lot of nit picking and not so nicely convo. But i only see 1 post with an apology and that post lead to other apologies but @starrxoxo9 took the initiative to be the first to say sorry which means a lot because like i said not everyone would do that
  • edited November 2012
    I said what I had to say and if it wasn't good enough (for people who weren't even involved for that matter) well then geez I guess I'm sorry for that too.

I suppose all of you who aren't satisfied with my apology never said anything in the heat of the moment without putting a lot of thought behind it. While you mock the title of my post in the suggestion.

I've about had it with this forum.

• In my opinion this apology is well overdue.
  • Im sorry I'd I offended anyone on the thread...even though I don't believe I said anything offending nor did I bash anyone.
  • @sands3 I was not referring to you at all. I have no problem with people that disagree on a subject. It is the internet we are from all walks of life. My comment was in regards to certain teenage boys of Imo a very good mom on here that was told it was her fault they are acting out.

On a lighter note I have a feeling a lot (two words, @luvmy5 that does not mean I will give up text speak tho my phone actually tells me that is one word who am I to argue with apple lol)of us will know about what @wilsomom is going thru in about say what 14 years for me. But she has let it go so I will to. No, I was not involved but I knew how bad that would hurt someone and I am not the person that turns their cheek ever.

@luvmy5 After having time to cool down I can see where my comments would have bothered you. I always work on the assumption there are exception to every rule. You made a go of the hand you were dealt and thats great, but you are the exception not the rule. My sister had a baby at 19 and my mom has him. She had another at 24 still not a good mom by our standards at all but tries a little harder. An example would be her deciding to break her not 2 year old of a sippy cup while he was very sick with this tummy bug going around. Or my mom giving him ice cream because he kept it down and my sister flying off when she found out. If a baby is sick imo you give him what he will keep in his belly and worry about nutrition when he is better. she listens to know one my mom told her to let him have it he needs something or he would end up in the hospital (she has raised four). The baby did get dehydrated bc she would not allow the things that were staying in. I have seen my nephew (6) cry bc his mom wants his brother and not him, and my mom if can not leave the two alone for fear that the baby will get hurt out of jealousy.
    I can set differences aside bc u didn't know all that and I don't know all of ur story. From what I do know you have down the best you can and thats was a lot.

Ps english was not ever nor will it ever be a strong suit for me. I am past caring, when I was in school my english major sister wanted to cry over the corrects she made on my papers. Lol Its all about math and chemistry here.lol
  • edited November 2012
    @excitedforoctober Well overdue??? The argument took place yesterday and I posted this last night....

I've hardly said 2 words on this forum in months so idk what you're referring to.
  • @sands3 You only defended yourself and that is reasonable.
  • @char Well that's your opinion and you're entitled to it.
  • Ps I'm not sure if you were upset thinking I was mocking the title of your post, but I can assure you I wasn't. I was just trying to make things a bit lighter? It truly wasn't meant to be taken as me making fun of you man. When I said I was past it I really meant it.

To everyone else, she's apologized, I've apologized, and we were the ones really into it. We've both moved on, and everyone else should too. Give her some slack, and let's let this thing go, ok?
  • Thank you
  • @Natashalynn Oh no, I was referring to waasae, you and I are good lol :)
  • Haha ok. I just saw that comment and was like, fuuuuuck. Noooo!! I swear I didn't mean it haha
  • For the record... I accepted @starrxoxo9 's apology when I said I was sorry above too. I'm flattered that anyone would defend me though, I appreciate that. I understand people say things when they're upset. I've apologized to my own kids tons of times. I knew I would be vulnerable to criticism when I started the thread about my teen boys. I even started the thread by stating I am a complete failure as a mother to them. But I took the risk of being transparent because I needed the support & help. It has been the hardest thing I've ever gone through & the guilt I feel for not doing a better job haunts me everyday. I only pray none of you will have to go through it. Unfortunately many who criticize my current parenting styles are raising their kids with similar methods that I raised those teens with. I don't mean to offend anyone with that. Obviously no two people here are going to do things exactly the same. All families are different with unique personalities & circumstances. I know we're all trying to do our best. It just sucks when your best isn't good enough. Hopefully none of you will ever have to find that out.
  • Just a reminder... This is a PUBLIC forum. You are entitled to your opinion. If someone gets upset... Well, it's the Internet. I really don't think anyone should be apologizing for anything. If you don't like something u read... MOVE ON!!! U can apologize but it's never gonna b good enough for some people. This whole forum has gone down the drain.

Just my opinion.

And this is NOT directed at anyone. I love u ALL. Lol
  • edited December 2012
    ^^ I know... I feel weird explaining myself to people I don't really know. Lol @mommyof3girls
  • I've read your comments before and it just doesn't seem like you go "against the grain" with good intentions. More for a rise out of people. BUT that's just my opinion. I too am very opinionated but I try not to come off as so passive aggressive unlike others. Wasn't always that way but I try!
  • It takes a bigger person to apologize love im sure it is appreciated :)
  • @excitedforoctober Can you give me an example?? I've been a member of this forum for over 2 yrs and only had one other issue on a thread and that was like a year ago. So I'd like to know what you're referring to.