not wanting anything that looks or taste like milk.

edited December 2012 in Babies Health
My daughter is almost 13 months. She started out on whole milk at the end of 11 mths. She did just fine, really loved it. Then she got sick one day throwing up and since then will NOT drink milk or anything that taste or looks like milk. I have tried pedia sure, chocolate milk, strawberry. She had her check up and is 17 lbs pounds. Doctor said go back to formula to help her gain weight. That was a no go. Im so out of options. Any ideas ladies??? She is very small as Im a small person 4 11 105 pounds. So she is expected to be little also. But I know she needs the calcium and more weight gain. She eats all day but is the type that takes a few bites and is done. Any advice will be very helpful. Thanks :)

Comments

• Have you tried putting a little bit of vanilla in the milk?
  • Yes I did and nothing :-|
  • Aim for calorie dense foods. What I mean are foods that pack a punch in calories when little is eaten. This will ensure that your child receives a larger amount of calories per meal than normal. Try avocado, peanut butter, oatmeal, greek yogurt, cheese and meats.
  • Mine is four and don't want milk so I get her the calcium fortified orange juice
  • @mijita when is it safe to give them peanut butter? Does it really matter?

Good luck @novmom2be my lo will be 13m in a less than a week and can't handle cows milk. We were in the middle of trying to see if she will take soy but now is sick and won't drink from a bottle or much from a sippy. Was sick when she puked or was it just random like from the milk? She's probly putting the puking to drinking the milk and that is why she is refusing it. Good luck! I hope you get her to drink something soon.
  • Thanks @mijita :)
    @trixiesmom8 she wasnt sick she was fine prior to that. However the stomach bug was going around so im not sure if that's what cause it. She was sick for about 12 hours. That's what her doctor said that she thinks that the milk and puking are together and that's why she doesnt want it :(. Im not giving up just going to keep trying. Hope your Lo feels better soon
  • edited December 2012
    The reason they say to wait to give baby peanut butter is because they lack the muscular skills in the tongue to push food back, thus it can be a chocking hazard. Like with any food introduce slowly to rule out allergies. I would suggest creamy peanut butter, thinly spread on a piece of bread. My LO loves it and I introduced it even before she was 1.

You're welcome! :)