12 mon old refusing solids

edited December 2012 in Food
My 1 year ild plain refuses solids! We have switched over to regular cow milk for 2 weeks now and no problems. He does this thing as soon as we sit him down to.eat he starts screaming. No mayter what Ive offered him he will eat if you force it into his mouth. Ive let him go without food until he comes and shows me hes hungry which hss not doing. The only thing he will take is cherios and puffs. He gets 4 bottles of milk throughout the day. Any suggeations? He normally eats 3 solid meals.

Comments

• Is he teething? Cause McKinley gets like that when she's cutting a tooth.
  • And if that's a possibility, try letting him suck on a cold wash cloth or an ice cube in one of those mesh things before eating. It would help numb the pain.
  • Yea hes cutting a tooth but i feel like its turning into a behavioral problems vs teething.
  • Yeah they get pretty smart at that age. Lol. Well, you could try eliminating things that could be real problems, teething, sick, upset stomach, etc. And if he's still not eating, well, he's not going to starve himself. Unfortunately I had to do that with my daughter in the summer. All she wanted was her treat snacks, cheerios, nutrigrain bars, craisens etc. So I had to put my foot down. I cut out those snacks all together, and offered her food almost every hour, only healthy stuff, but stuff I knew wasstill tasty, like Greek yogurt, cheese etc. She eventually realized I wasn't going to cave and started eating. Good luck hun, its tough sometimes figuring them out hey!
  • Its most likely he is teething. It really dose hurt them and that effects his attitude and behavior. My son adrian is getting his back teeth. And he is acting pretty bad and he is a very well behaved.
  • Sounds like my son when he was teething. It's a phase and hopefully he'll get through it soon.