hemorrhoids

edited December 2012 in Labor
I got hemorrhoids really bad after delivrry they took weeks to go away. If it wouldnt of been for them i would of been up and running around but they were unbearable. Any suggestions om what i can do this time arround? Could it of been the way i pushed? Gonna ask for rx this time just in case. Last time i did warm baths, over the counter cream and tuck? Pads

Comments

• Bump. Sorry no help. I hope this time goes better.
  • I don't think u can really do anything to prevent them. I had them so bad I ended up having surgery. I can tell you that the surgery was worse than have the baby!
  • They do make a numbing cream that's what I'm requesting
  • ^^^yes!! A must have! Mine gave me both lidocaine and dibucaine. I liked the lidocaine best but would use the other when I left the house b it was pastier and would stay on longer!
  • Yeah nothing to do to prevent. I got a few after labor. Called them Larry and the Down Under Band. LoL
  • I didn't get any thank God. But I didn't tear either which was miracle since I'm 4 ft 11 inches lol. But I think it's about preparing before hand. I was using red raspberry tea, I also used evening primrose oil. I think it really helps because it gives the skin more elasticity therefore it can really stretch when time comes. Good luck!
  • @arysmommy1116 .. there could be a good chance you don't even get them this time. Out of 4 kids I had them super bad for every other child.
  • i got them the last weeks of pregnancy with my first son and after labor with my second son i think the pushing did it it atill hurta really bad to poop i take a stool softner every other day to help with the pain n blood in stool when having a bm as anything to soothe it i dont know bc i only have pain after a bm. it doesnt bother me much besides that
  • You cannot prevent OR get rid of them (without surgical intervention). The ones you had before are still there, only they shrunk down. When you give birth again, they will come back if you have a lot of pressure again. Incorrect pushing techniquewill contribute to them as well. :(
  • @captivated that explains why i have them again then! and yes the first two pushes i wasnt doing it right they had to go over it again woth me