Advice/opinions please

I am 38 and I have a 15 yr old and a 1 year old. I got married 2 yrs ago and we got pregnant right away due to my "advanced maternal age". We thought we just wanted one but we would like Zoe to have a sibling to grow up with (let's face it my 15 yr old son isn't going to want to hang out with us much longer).

So we have been going back & forth about this subject. My husband was hired through a temp agency and keeps being told that they really like him & want to hire him but things are too slow right now for the company and they can't do any new hires. He was hired in Feb, and we have been waiting for him to get hired before trying to get preggers.

I'm gonna be 39 in Feb and feel like I'm just getting too old. We are trying to make sure we can financially afford another child but in the meantime my fertility is declining rapidly.

What should we do? Is it irresponsible to have a baby when my husband has no job security? I feel like it's now or never.

Comments

• Well it depends. Here are the things I would ask myself. Do you have a job or can get one if needed? Will u always have roof over your head if he no longer has job or so u live pay check to pay check to provide a home. If it was me I would think about the things you NEED to have and if youse things are stable no matter what. I know the feeling I want another one soo bad. I would like my kids to be close in age. And the only thing stopping us is money pretty much. But I know some people are very blessed and don't have mortgage or car is paid off and therefore even if you just had part time job that would be enough for food and the smaller bills. I don't think it's what I would call "irresponsible" I mean we were created to do one main thing raise children. The fact that we have this urge just proves where normal lol.
  • Like my MIL and mom and husbands grandma ALWAYS say... if people were to wait for the "right time" or when they had the "right amount of money" no child would be born lol
  • ^ lol. My mom and grandma always say "if there is food for one, there is food for two"
    Idk what to say. It depends on what you are comfortable with. Some people feel more safe when they know they have that extra money to bring a child into the family. Then others feel like they can bring another baby, and work if it looks necessary. I would say that you think about what you feel more comfortable with. Do you feel safe bringing another baby without that certain stability, or would you rather have that first. Regardless of whatever happens, i know if it came down to it you would try to help bring some money in. So go with whatever your heart tells you. If you dig down deep, you will find the right answer.