serious question about nightmares.

Not sure what this would go under, or if anyone will know what I'm talking about but hoping for any experience/advice! Tia

For the last few months, I've been having terrible.nightmares. most of which include some how beingseperated from my daughter whether via death (her or me), her being kidnapped, or most recently, my bf leaving me and taking our daughter. Others are about losing close family members, usually with them dying.

I wake up from these crying or shaking, and on days I have them, my mood feels so cloudy, and grumpy!! Plus I wake up feeling more tired than I went to bed. They so suck.

I really want them to stop, but honestly don't know where to start. I got off my bc, and went to the copper Iud, to see if it was the hormones that wereaffecting me. But I'm not really seeing a change.

Any ideas ladies??

Comments

• That seems so scary! Do u take any kinda medicines? I notice wen I take melatonin I have strange crazy dreams an wen I took celexa (antidepressant) I only took it for about a week but they made me have crazy dreams to like 4/5 diff dreams a nite
  • @mrz_Jackson it is!! I hate them! I'm not on anything now. I was on antidepressants years ago, but now all I have is my Iud! I havdnt been this medication free in a long time!
  • I have scary dreams like that if I watch read or think about sumthn scary
  • @mrz_Jackson ya, I had to stop watching criminal minds when I was pregnant because it gave me scary dreams. So I try to not watch that stuff. Although I do watch sons of anarchy. :/
  • edited December 2012
    I've never watched that so I have no idea wat it is lol but if its kinda scary I would go a while wit out watching it c if it helps watch a good movie or a good book rite before bed . If me an my husband have bad dreams every nite we put a bible under our pillow at nite an it always workes seems odd but its always workes for both of us.
  • I've heard it can be a combination of stressors that can give you nightmares, like if something has changed for you financially, problems in relationships, you moved to a new place, new job, or just a fear of the unknown. Scary movies or books could be to blame! Also pizza dreams! Those are real, lol. There is something about pizza that makes people dream really crazy dreams.
  • Download the app dreamcatcher its a dream reader that uses key words. I use it often!
  • Most of the time our dreams/nightmares have nothing to do with how they come across....It is usually a fear, stress etc.....Ive had some scary ones to so I feel your pain love
  • @molly lol @ pizza dreams. Sounds funny, but I don't have pizza this often.As far as stressors, theonly thing that I might be stressed about is my friend leaving her abusive relationship. I was the one that picked her and her daughter up and hid them. I guess it could be that. But that was a few weeks ago now.

@maymommy2011 smohhh that sounds interesting. Thanks, ill check it out!!
  • That sounds scary. I hate nightmares I've only had like 2 I can remember. I hope things get better and no more of those bad dreams. But I too think it has to do with stress, or change in peoples life, even conversations u have or see things that really make u think about something a lot.
  • During graduate school I had repeated nightmares about airplanes. Most of the time I was dodging them from the sky or watching in horror as multiple ones fell from the sky. It was extremely scary and I hated them. Since graduating I've yet to have one. I think the stress of school and the subconscious level of thought of stress and failure triggered my dreams. Do you have a pressing issue or unresolved issue that you are stressed about? You may want to delve deep and assess something that is worrying you and try and resolve it the best you can. You may find that your nightmares subside.
  • Use it and put in key words like kidnapped death child... It will give you an idea... I had dreams i was caught in a maze it was the worst