Anyone Else's 14mo Old NOT Walking Yet

edited December 2012 in Ages & Stages
The topic says it all. Sienna will be 14mo tomorrow and doesnt walk yet. We've been in physical therapy for the past 5 months now. She's shown big improvement.

Comments

• My daughter turned 14mths on the 27th and started semi walking on the 1st nut she doesn't do it often at all
  • Most doctors do not worry unless there 15 months or older my son started walking 1 week before he turned 15 months
    My girls all walk at 12 months
  • My daughter will be 14 months and is still not walking. She is furniture walking and can stand independently. If she is not walking by her 15 month check up appointment, I will talk with the pediatrician.
  • My 13 month old isnt.
  • Madison is 14 months tomorrow too! Shes not walking, she tries every now and then, she's also not using words which i'm worried about
  • My daughter is walking but my friends daughter will be 15 months and isn't walking yet either and she doesn't seem worried about it.
  • My 18 month old isn't walking yet. He's been in physical therapy for 7 months and he just started walking back and forth short distances between people but only if you ask him to. At this point I think its just him being afraid and his doctor and therapist both think he's okay, just moving at his own pace.
  • Both my daughter who is 8 and two and a half yr d oth didn't walk til almost 16 months. My Dr said if at 18 months they weren't walking he would then see about therapy but both started walking before that. They had the strength but as soon as you would let go of their hand they would get scared and sit down. Now my 8 month old I think he is gonna walk soon. He stands on his own and pulls up on furniture uses the walls to get up and walks holding onto the walls, door frames, the couch anything he can. He walks around with his toys that he can push that helps with walking...like he's a pro lol. But I really think its bc he sees the older two running around.
  • Elena is walking along the couch and supported but not by herself.
  • Savanah took her first steps 2 days before she turned 14 months(she turned 14 months the 28th) but she still won't take more then like 3 to 5 steps at a time but she is trying more and more everyday and has started to stand herself up without holding anything finally! I'm not worried about her tho I know she likes to observe before trying stuff and goes slow so she doesn't get hurt
  • Evie is 15 and a half months but she wont walk more than 3-5 steps by herself. She can stand and even squat then stand by herself with no assistance. But she just wont walk. She has been doing this for several months now as it is. But she also has neurological problems and doesn't understand any form of communication yet either. So I wouldn't use her as a model.lol
  • Jack is almost 14 months and just started 2 weeks ago.
  • My son will be 14 mo in a few days and still doesn't walk, he cruises ALOT and stands in his own for a few seconds.
  • My son turned 15 months the 8th and started walking 2 weeks ago