almond milk

edited December 2012 in Just for Fun
trying it with my son so I can't stop bf he's 13 months. well he dnt like it I have too sippy cups one for water one for milk and he knows hell go for the water but no milk ugh I want my boobie back how much longer more is this gonna take

Comments

• Have you tried other types off milk?
  • nothing else yet what's out there @smcox
  • There is also coconut milk. We have used three sweetened kind (which tastes like coconut) unsweet and vanilla flavored. Just as healthy as almond but I think it's a little sweeter. I know soy milk isn't good for toddlers (something about hormone levels in it). There is also hemp milk (which we haven't tried cuz it's kinda expensive),and goats milk (also haven't tried). But I've heard goats milk is very similar to breast milk and have actually heard some moms use it in conjunction with breastfeeding to supplement instead of formula. I've seen all except goats milk in the health food section of the grocery store. I'm sure you could find goats milk at a health food store. But I'm pretty sure almond milk doesn't taste much like breastmilk, so maybe that's the issue?
  • I don't know how he's eating during the day but if you're worried about nutrition, my pedi recommended toddler vitamins called Poly Vi Sol with iron. We are currently trying to get rid of the formula (mine is 13 months) and we're having issues finding any food that he'll actually eat so to make sure he's still getting nutrition I give him a dose of that every day.
  • @smcox I do notice when my baby eats a lot food he well stay away Fr boobie long periods on time but to tell u the truth my son is a very picky eater I try to give him different new things hell just look at it and play with or throw it off he's high chair right now the way he eats is not healthy at all but I try. as for milk I thought soy was good guess not I'm gonna see what else I can try I wish he can drike regular milk but he gets a rash around he's mouth. ur baby is 13 mouths and on formula what does ur Dr say does ur baby fight taking that dose? does it taste gd
  • Did you try sweetened, or unsweetened almond milk?
  • We just had our one year check up last week and I told her the reason for still being on a couple sippys off formula is because of how picky he is. I was afraid of lack of nutrition. I can't get him too eat veggies or fruits at all. He loves his fish sticks though lol he's doing the sane thing and Will play with then proceed too throw everything off the high chair. She told me too start giving him the vitamins and slowly cutting out the formula. So right now we are down to one sippy of 6oz a day. And she told me to try beading zucchini and start getting creative with foods to hid the fruits and veggies. As far as the vitamins, no by itself he won't. I put it in a small sippy with mostly water and a splash of some juice,just to mask the flavor.