play kitchen update with pic

edited December 2012 in Just for Fun
are these more for girls???? I have a pink kitchen that's n r shack out side just wondering well it b weird if I bring it n side for my son he's 13 months

Comments

• it has fake dishes and fake food
  • My son is 3 soon to be 4 and he wants a kitchen for Christmas I dont think anythings wrong with it
  • @Soon2bmommyof2 he does that's cool they even have BBQ pits for boys I guess the pink makes it look not right then : (
  • I got one for my son for Christmas he will 15 months this month. He loves the play kitchens e plays with his cousins all the time

• @angie87 that's cool for some reason I thought there more for girls I'm gonna bye my son one now I love playing kicken I have the pink one casue its my God daughters but now she's all grown and dnt see her any more or maybe I can paint it
  • Pinterest has tutorials ok how to repaint those type of toys!!! :)
  • edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I don't see anything wrong with it. Actually I wanted to buy my son one for Christmas but my husband and father told me that was ridiculous! Men are crazy...instead we bought a pretty neat grilling set. I don't get why it was a big deal. I told my husband...what do u not want your son to learn how to ...cook? Anyways to keep fighting down we went with the grilling set.
  • Throughout history light red or pink for was the colour for boys and blue was used for girls.

http://forgottenhistoryblog.com/pink-wasnt-always-considered-a-feminine-color-and-blue-wasnt-always-masculine/

But if it bothers you just paint it as previously suggested.

It's for a table but I'm sure it can't be that different... http://www.lillepunkin.com/2012/05/diy-project-spray-paint-plastic-outdoor.html?m=1

Fisher price has a kitchen that can grow with your Lo and is real and white. I love it, my daughter got it last year for her birthday.
  • It was my son's favorite play area at school so we got him one for our house. He was REALLY into it for 3-4 months. (Now, it's in the basement waiting to come back into rotation.)
  • If you do get it Melissa & Doug make food you can cut into halves and quarters (good way to introduce fractions)
  • I got my son this cool table with a pizza oven and all the toys store inside it also has a stove top and a serving tray. My man was against it a first but its cool now cause its multi purpose
  • I would paint it
  • I bought my son one for chrismas, it's red and black 20$ at the dollar store, came with pots spoons forks plates cups, just no food but I'm buying him the play food as a stocking stuffer! anyways he'll be 15 months for christmas!
  • sry not tagging all ya but I'm so gonna look into painting it not just yet cause its raining but I love the table n the pic that got painted nice
  • edited December 2012
    @Máthair gave me a idea ty
  • ladies what colors well go with the kitchen later ill take a pic and post it
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

THIS IS THE KITCHEN ITS REALLY GIRLIE
  • As long as he is having fun it doesn't matter
  • He looks like he's loving it
  • who cares? lol he has no idea that pink and purple are "girly" colors...
  • thanks ladies
  • my son has that pink piggy bank that u put the coins into. he loves it
  • He looks so happy. If u have time paint it if not then let him have fun :) who cares he loves it that's all that counts.
  • @devins_mommy awww that's cute how old is ur boy
    @yea he's having fun were gonna paint it when time comes around he like it : )
  • I honestly dont see anything wrong with him playing with it bc its pink. Its just like if u have a son & u go over to a friends House who have a lil girl & all the toys r pink. But i wouldnt go to the store and buy a lil boy a pink kitchen :) but that toy u have is passed down so its okay. let him enjoy it....he really doesnt kno the difference between colors yet. I use to WoRk at bed bath n beyond & i was in the lamps dept n it was a lil boy n his dad they were looking for a lamp for the lil boy. So there was a pink lamp n right by it was a blue one. His dad asked which one do u like. He grabbed the pink one & lol his dad gave me a funny look n he asked his son r u sure n he said yes! He was about 6. Now at that age hes suppose to know what colors he likes bc hes in school.
  • @Roxy hes 19 months(: