Low iron question

edited December 2012 in Health
I found out today that my hemoglobin is still 10.5. It's been around that since I had the miscarriage in July. Is that low enough to cause symptoms? I have some ferrous sulfate pills from my last pregnancy so I'm going to start taking them. I hope it helps.

Comments

• It's low enough that you should take them :-) mine came back at 10.1 I think it was but once I started taking my iron (within ab 1-2 weeks) I felt re energized. I've dealt with anemia off and on my whole life, can be annoying but your number isn't horrible so I say take them and see how you feel :-)
  • I came from my wic appointment yesterday and my iron was the same at a 10.2 I think and I'm gonna start taking the iron pills i just got as well and I start eating more iron rich food it sucks to have low iron!! But I don't see any symptoms because your iron isn't very low it's just a couple off its suppose to be 12 or higher
  • after havin my baby my iron was down to 9 they said if it was any lower like 8 or below then they would have given me a blood transfusion! im on some nasty liquid iron medicine now!
  • I would try Floradix. Islets a liquid iron supplement. Your body absorbs it better with out all the constipation! I loved it!
  • It's a*

And this one I mix with a little OJ and I couldn't taste it at all!
  • Just remember to take any liquid iron supplements through a straw because it can stain your teeth:-)
  • Okay, sounds good, thanks!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.