Ladies. I need you. Lol. (very long, but need help) Please.

edited December 2012 in Just for Fun
Some may see this kinda twice. From fb lol. But i need all the idea i can get, im not good at this.
I have never been good at expressing myself for appreciation. I have been through a lot throughout my whole life and was never really shown or taught how to express my appreciation for someone. I am just sitting in bed thinking of my life and what ive been through. Thinking about all the people in my life who have truely changed my life. I have no money so buying gifts wont work. And i dont feel like a christmas card will be good enough. I mean these people are truely amazing, in my eyes. Lol. Ok, i may need to go to bed. Lol.
Ok, the people i want to show appreciation to are these, maybe you can help me think of something for them. Lol.
I had a teacher in high school who helped me so much. He reconized my depression in 10th grade. He set me up with a therapist to talk to and also a girls support group, where we just spoke about things we needed to. It was a big help. He also did everything in his power to help me succeed in school. I might not have graduated without him. There were other teachers who were amazing with helping me, but he truely saved me. Its been a long time since i was in school but i believe hes still there, if he is i want him to know he made a differance in my life.
My sons kindergarden teachers are doing so well with him that he even got student of the week for his citicenship(sp). I am so proud of him. Tyler loves school and i think his teachers help a lot. I want them to know how we appreciate their time and everything. They are both so sweet.
There are some people who are also at my sons school that i am greatful for. I dont know who most are personally or even who all was involved. But they did a sub for santa for my kids and gave my daughter a crib. I am so greatful, my kids will have a good christmas this year. I want to show my appreciation for them and their genorosity(sp).
Also, my physical therapy place. They are so nice and doing such a great job. They have tried so hard to get my shoulder back to normal and have been awsome. Although its not better yet, they are still trying. They are also doing a sub for santa or my family. They know some of what we been through and wanted to help. They are also helping me another way. With my injury being car accident related, the cost goes through the insurance place. Well in utah things are apparently different. It has to go through my insurance first and when thats maxed out im suppose to start paying out of my pocket (to be reimbursed) by the one who was actually at fault. Well, with as long as ive been going i have maxed out. I was suppose to start paying $50 each visit. Well, they called me one day and told me not to worry about paying and that they would still treat me. I feel guilty for this, but theres no way i could pay that. I need to do something to show my appreciation for this group of people. They are truely amazing people.
Now, knowing why i am so greatful and to who i want to show my appreciation, can you ladies help me come up with ways to show this? Please. Lol. I want to write christmas cards to them, but thats not enough. What can i make or do to how my appreciation?
Oh by the way, sorry its so long. I just need some help.

Comments

• Well I would write the teachers letters telling them what u pretty much already said and tell them all the things you have been blessed with and if it wasn't for them you would never be in some of the good situations in your life. I mean my dad has been teacher for 25 years and he loves when old students get hold of him or see him and they usually write him and thank him. Although as teacher he gets gifts from time to time. But I can tell that his joy is when he knows his old students are doing well. It makes him feel like he did his job and that's why he loves it. But for the therapy group since u can't get them gifts have kids and yourself make them cards and bring them cookies next time u go in. They know u don't have the money but they will love knowing that u appreciate what they do and that their job does, make difference in peoples lives. Trust me if I was on their shows it would be so nice to get some sort of letter from client just being open hearted and making me feel good about my job. I mean just put yourself in the shoes of all these people. They just want to know you and the family are safe and happy. Good luck
  • I know it sounds lame and like it's not enough but honestly letters saying how much you appreciate them and how much they have done for you (past or present) will mean the world to them! Maybe have your kids do some arts and crafts type things. Even your old teachers would appreciate that. Words of appreciation are way more meaningful than anything you could buy them. If you know how to crochet you could make them a scarf or something? I'm not crafty so I don't have a ton of suggestions. Sorry.
  • I know it's not exactly the same but I had two guy teachers that made big differences in my life. My sixth grade teacher and 11th grade English teacher. Even though they were men they said my letters of appreciation and explaining why they made a difference meant sooo much to them, that it's what teachers live for.
  • Bake them a cake. Cook them breakfast and take it to them.
  • Thank you ladies. I am deffinatly writing them. I will try baking some goodies lol. Im not very crafty either.
  • Yes a letter is very personal and I think the best thing, maybe include a picture of you and your family so they can see how far along you've come :)
  • I was definitely thinking handwritten letters too...that would mean a lot now a days with all the technology ppl use instead of writing. Maybe even a note from the kids too, & for sure some pictures would be nice. :) A nice fruit basket would be easy to make too with a few nuts & tea bags or cocoa packs, etc. (food stamps! Lol ...been there done that) Hope that gives you some ideas. :)
  • I know this is off subject but what part of Utah do you live? And i agree with all the other ladys
  • @angelmonkeymelody i live in salt lake city. Well, midvale to be tecnical. Lol.
    @wilsomom yes, food stamps are what will help me make some goodies. Lol.
    Thank you everyone. This helps. I was thinking of taking pictures of the kids opening the gifts they gave and have them write thank you for the presents. Would that be ok? Or too much?
  • Now, does anyone have any good recipies for baked goodies i could use? I dont have a recipe book.
  • Oh i live in Utah also and just wanted to know
  • Something delicious and cheap to bake would be popcorn balls. Pop some corn, melt butter marshmallows vanilla and cinnomon together, mix into popcorn with some chocolate roll into balls and let cool.