extreme morning sickness *update-pics at bottom*

edited December 2012 in Pregnant
has anyone experienced this? Death would almost be preferable at the moment. I've never felt like this out of any of my pregnancies and morning sickness kicked my a** before. I cannot keep ANYTHING down. Walking ten feet takes the amount of energy as a 5k marathon. The constant queasiness and nausea is killing me. I wake up at noon, go back to bed at 3 until 8 and then again at 10. I can't even take care of my children. Bd has to do everything. I got sea bands, zofran, vitamin b6, ginger ale, crsckers, mint...everything. nothing helps. Is this something to go to the Er for? I was just there because of suspected ectopic or miscarriage, but i am six weeks with a heartbeat. I conceived directly after my miscarriage and had an appt for implanon. I will not be continuing the pregnancy for health reasons, but don't know if I can even make it ti my consultation in an hour with how terrible I feel. Just standing makes my world spin. I have never been so depressed. Any tips to get through this sickness? Anything would be appreciated. I go out of town Friday. I can't be like this around family...

Comments

• Ya I had it, I was sick the whole pregnancy but thefirst tri was the worst. I couldn't even move without throwing up for weeks. Nothing helped it completely go away, but I found eating dry crackers before getting out of bed, always having a citrus/sour candy in my mouth (preggo pops, or those ice breaker sours) and room temperature water with lemon in it all helped keep it at bay.
  • I literally slept for 18 hours a day. It was awful.
  • I may have to try the prego pops then. And lemon. I wish the zofran helped. I found two bottles of 60 last night. Was so excited bc they are too expensive for me to get with no insurance.
  • edited December 2012
  • Ya zofran did shit all for me. Close to the end of my pregnancy, they gave me something else, I don't remember what it was, but was told they use it for chemo patients to help them eat, and it did somewhat help, but still didn't stop it completely. Hope these work for you. I was lucky that I didnt have any children at that time. I couldn't imagine dealing with kids while like that.
  • Phenergan (sp?) ^^^
  • That may of been it @smcox between the exhaustion that comes with puking every day and pregnancy brain I honestly don't know. But the last month of my pregnancy was bearable thanks to it.
  • Yes, lots and lots of lemon anything @captivated. Its the only thing that would help me.
  • Hyperemesis gravidarum. ?
  • u bringing up old memories for me i was just like u and i delt with it i didnt know there was medican i went threw hell thats y also it took me a year to reconsider having another baby i pray to god i dnt go threw it again when i become pregent some woman dnt even have morning sickness there the lucky one lol hope u get better sry no advice
  • I just got.back from planned parenthood and the nurse prescribed me phenergan. Hope that helps a little. If not, knock me out some!
  • How long do u have to wait to get an abortion?
  • The med is called marinol tht they give cancer pts. @natashalynn
  • I was so sick last time I was pregnant they advised agiasnt getting pregnant again.... This time I was sick for 10 wks and then fine! But god it was hell :( i hope you feel better
  • Sorry you're not feeling well. I didn't know you decided not to continue. Been looking for your update since your BFP and thought maybe you were still considering after everything you've been through recently ...?

I never got really sick but hard candy or lollipops helped my nausea too.
  • edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Just curious, why are deciding to abort this one? You were gonna keep the last one.
  • @smcox, for reasons I cannot post on an open and public forum. Also have had a couple of months to rethink my treatment options and if I am willing to take the risks of continuing.

@ourlittlenugget, I thought I was adamant and at peace with the decision, but I had a lot of second thoughts outside of the clinic today.

@excitedforoctober, just 24 hrs from the consultation. I went in and receoved the mifeprex at one pm today. I will take the cytotec in a few hours.

I know I am making the right decision, for my health and family, but it has been a difficult day and sure to be an even worse evening. For those who are supportive and know the details, thanks for the support. To those who dont and have negative pro-life comments to make, please make a new thread or refrain from commenting here. Thanks ladies.
  • I am pro life but I respect your decision. I hope everything is ok & you're not in too much pain. Hang in there. :)
  • Thanks @wilsomom. It's not something I wanted to do, but after a lot of research and the doctors recommendations, I know it was necessary. The good side is that I qualified for permanent sterilization (essure) for free until/if I make the decision to have the hysterectomy.
  • :( I'm sorry u had to make that decision..I hope health wise everything will turn out for the better *hugs*
  • I'm sure it was a very difficult decision that youtu didn't take lightly...I'm sorry you're having these horrible health problems. :(
  • I'm sorry. No easy decision here for sure. I just pray for your health and heart with everything you've been through....
  • @kayleigh27, @wilsomom @ourlittlenugget thanks girls. I'm sure my health and issues wilm get much better and controlled when I get health insurance. I'm a little nervous to take the cytotec with no pain meds and I have a low grade fever. Which made them weary of giving it to me today because it causes a fever by itself. I'll be taking it in a few minutes. Keep me in your thoughts please.
  • I may not agree with your decision but I will be praying for you and for this to pass quickly with as little pain as possible! Why wouldn't they give you pain pills? Hope this ordeal is over for you quickly.
  • What is cytotec? Does it cause a spontaneous abortion? I didn't even know it could be done with pills.? Praying for strength!
  • @smcox, Idk. I think he misunderstood my drug allergies. I called three times and never got an answer back...
  • edited December 2012
    It is called a medical abortion. Aka the abortion pill. I could not undergo the surgical abortion for medical reasons.

You are given a pill called mifeprex in the office. This cuts off the progesterone supply to the embryo which supports the pregnancy. And why you cannot have a medical abortion past 8-9 weeks. the placenta begins functioning at around 10 weeks. After mifeprex, you take misoprostal (cytotec) 6-72 hrs after. this induces labor/contractions to expel the embryo. An induced miacarriage. Cytotec is given to women to induce labor or when a pregnancy ends in miscarriage but the body does not pass it. Combined with mifeprex, that is how medical abortions are performed. @wilsomom...it is extremely painful. And cytotec is a dangerous drug which is why I am petrified.
  • You're in my thoughts lady. Update us when you can.
  • Horrible body shakes. Bleeding started. Pain is worst thing I might ever have experiencefd. Throat is swollen. Idk how much more can take. Hope it is over soon. @natashalynn
This discussion has been closed.