@Wilsomom advice please!

edited December 2012 in Sleep
@wilsomom, if you have 5 minutes I would really appreciate some advice. My 13 month old has turned into a horrible sleeper, and its affecting my son, as my time with him in the evenings is being seriously disturbed by me running up to see to the baby. I know that you have kids of different ages and wondered what you do when your baby keeps waking up, as I can't imagine that you spend hours up there getting them settled with the other kids unattended?? I have tried controlled crying, and failed. She simply makes herself sick. I've tried the no cry sleep solution, again, to no avail. Just wondered if you have any tips for quickly and effectively settling a child Evies age? She has pretty much the same routine every night so I'm not sure where I'm going wrong...

Comments

• Well I always put all my kids to bed at the same time lol, which is pretty early so I guess they've all kind of learned to go sleep together. Is she doing this all of a sudden like maybe teething or a stomach ache? If that's the case I keep my baby with me for comfort until he's about to fall asleep. But if it's more of a new habit I'm not sure how to help... :/ I've been able to teach all my kids to go to bed on their own & sleep through the night very young (thank goodness!) so I've only dealt with a baby who couldn't sleep because of illness/teething, etc. Does she have a good eating & sleeping pattern? What about lots of exercise so she's tired & sleepy? I'm sorry I'm not much help! This might sound weird, but have you tried scolding her? If my 15 month old gets up & starts fussing, I just firmly tell him "no! You lay down right now, it's time to go to sleep!" & he does. You have to say it like you mean business. Does that sound like something that might work for you? I don't ever console/rock/pick up/sing/etc. any child after lights out that's not sick or had a nightmare, etc. I hope that doesn't sound cruel. Let me know if you need more details. :)
  • P.S. Obviously if there's a dirty diaper or something is wrong I do that & pick them up, that sounded bad ^^^. I meant if they're fussing because they're mad about going to bed.
  • How is it going, any better? I was looking back at this & noticed I wrote a book! Lol
  • Hey! Sorry i didnt get back on sooner, lots of family stuff to deal with at the moment. Thank you for the reply. Not much has really changed except for my perspective i guess. Ive began just telling her 'lay down, close your eyes!' everytime i go in to her. And after about 15 times she gives up. Im just holding on to the fact that its only a stage, and this is only temporary. Thank you again for the help, i was about ready to run for the hills when i wrote you. Xx
    @wilsomom
  • I'm glad it's going a little better! Sounds like you're on the right track. :)