need some advice please!!

edited December 2012 in Babies Health
Not sure if this is the right category but I'll try.

Okay so my sister-in-law and her husband found themselves with an.unexpected baby that his daughter gave birth to and left at the hospital(she left home a year ago on drugs and no one has heard from her nor did anyone know she was pregnant). Within 23hours of finding out about the baby he was at my sister-in-laws house where he will now be staying. We let them use our infant carseat and some other things since I am not due till may and my daughter doesn't use them. Well the baby got real sick and was in the hospital where he tested positive for
MRSA and finally got sent home yesterday.

We are now trying to figure out if we are better off getting our baby in may a whole new carseat and letting them keep ours or do we get a new cover, or are we completely over reacting about the MRSA and our baby will be fine with the carseat.

Sorry this is so long and all over the place.

Comments

• From what I know you will be fine just disinfect it if your really worried but it will be ok. You can always ask your doc at your next app so they can explain it cause I just had it explained to me by my sister in law she's doc and it's kinda hard to explain. But she says it's fine
  • Yeah I think as long as your clean it you should be fine. I throw mine in the wash machine. It says not to but just put it on delicate and it'll be fine then let it air dry, I DO NOT put it in the dryer. While you have it all sanitize & bleach the plastic! And your probably good to go! Poor baby btw! Can't imagine!
  • Wash the cover, Anything used I soak in lysol (I mean dripping wet) a couple times about a month b4 I plan on using it.
  • I'm sure it's fine if u just disinfect it. If it was me tho... I'd probably just buy a new one (if the money was there).
  • Your not supposed to wash it...but if you do don't wash the straps. It can cause them to break down. If I were you I would just get a new one.
  • If it was me I wouldn't use it, I would be too paranoid to.