POTTY TRAINING :(

So my daughter will be 3 next month and still is not potty trained iv tried everything i can think of she just does not want anything to do with it i dont know what to do at this point to get her to go on the potty

Comments

• rewards! at the daycares they give the kids tooties rolls for going poop and a skittle for going pee! and letting her pick out her own big girl underwear might help too :)
  • My youngest is very stubborn and hard headed. She wanted NOTHING to do w the potty until she was about 3 1/2 then one day she decided she was potty trained 100%!!! It will come. Hang in there.
  • I suggested to other users the potty training book kid, but I used it for my 18 month, I'm not sure if it would be useful for a kid older. You may of already heard of it/tried it. Wish I could be more help. Good luck hun.
  • Thanks guys
    I bought her some minnie mouse undies cuz shes obsessed with minnie but when i say u can only wear them if you go potty in the bug girl potty she says no thank you and walks away iv tried prizes candy a book she will sit there for a min and then get up and walk away iv tries just putting her in the potty and she screams and freaks out
  • I would have her wear underwear & say no more diapers. It will be messy for a few days, but she'll get tired of it, especially if she has to help clean up each time. Maybe even a "cold" shower (not too cold, but a little uncomfortable) if she poops in her pants. Just use old or plain underwear & then give her the good ones she likes after she makes progress. Treats for going work great too like mentioned above.
  • I would just stop diapers. My son was fully potty trained a week after he turned three, it only took one day. I know if we would have stuck to it sooner he would have done it, takes the final push with no looking back. I would not give them the option, say put on your underwear and don't give in when accidents happen.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ^^^Agreed! Don't do diapers or pull ups! Make her see how uncomfortable it is in real undies. My daughter wasn't fully potty trained until a little after she turned 3. So i know how you feel! Just keep with it!
  • I potty trained my oldest at the age of 2, I didn't use pull ups since they look and feel like a diaper she wouldn't had gotten the whole peeing on her pants icky wet feeling so I put her in panties and cleaned pee an poop from the floor a week or two but was worth it .
  • We found training underwear that were really thick.. they were at target I think but they worked well and soaked up most of the pee for less clean-up but she still felt the ick of it...
  • My nephew is 4.5 and they resorted to spanking. Now he will pee in the potty but holds poop for days. They had no choice bc of school starting
  • Thank you everyone im gonna try the undie thing on tuesday when we get bsck from helen devos childrens hospital so we can just start it and not have to raje a break from it to go down state
  • Oh and an idea that we did, is when we went out, we put undies under a pull up diaper, so she didn't get too cold (winter in Canada!) But could still feel wet.