y always run to the dr.

edited December 2012 in VENT (keep it peaceful!)
please ladies if I'm wrong tell me. y always run to the Dr. if ur baby has already been there for the same reasons? u have the meds u know wat to do and u know all the Dr. is gonna do is check him or her and say give him tylenol u know as a mother when to take him inn when its major. I know were not all doctors but we have all or some been threw sicknesses with are babys and we all feed off each others advice so that helps us as well please if u think I'm wrong and I should b taking my son inn to the Dr. every time he gets sick tell me I would like to know ur opinions ty

Comments

• ALSO LADIES IS HAVING A EAR INFECTION BY TEETHING AND HAVING A REGULAR EAR INFECTION THE SAME?????
  • No I do not take my son to the dr for every sniffle. I also don't give meds for every fever. I only give meds if I can tell he is in pain and really restless from it. As for antibiotics, I feel they are completely OVERprescribed. Your body has been doing its things for as long as time, let it do it thing first.
  • Fevers are the bodies way of fighting, by giving fever reducers your hinder that.
  • @ashley_smashley good to know im not alone on this one. i agree about the meds also i hate giving it to him feel like im just drugging him. same i give it when hes n pain. as for antibiotics i have never been prescribe to it. so i dnt know about it

while my son has this fever i notice alot more poopie dipers. im thinking this is a sign of a fever going away or not???
  • I am going to assume you made this as a response to my comment on your last post. Well you are asking for opinions aren't you? I gave mine. My son ended up in the hospital because of a seizure caused by a fever and I wouldn't wish that worry upon any mother so excuse ME for suggesting you get your son checked out. And no freaken way is a teething fever the same as an ear infection fever. Are you serious? if he does have an.infection then he obviously needs antibiotics to get rid of it or he is going to continue to get fevers, now why would you not want to double.check to be on the safe side?
  • @Roxy in my opinion, if your son has an ear infection for whatever reason it is, he needs to be seen by a doctor. The thing is that, Tylenol and Ibuprofen are only to control fevers and pain. When the body had an actual infection, it needs antibiotics to fight the infection. There are A LOT of asshole doctors that don't do anything and send you on your way so you can come back and keep spending your money in their office. Keep tract of how many days your son has been like this, and how often he gets ear infections. Any kind of infection is dangerous. You need to be persistent when it comes to the attention your son gets when he goes to the doctor, that way you can ensure that he is getting the meds he needs and that way you don't have to keep going back.

Now if it were just a mild fever, i would keep checking on him to make sure his fever remains low. Usually, doctors will only say to control the fever with Tylenol and Advil unless the fever is real high. Over all, my suggestion to you is that if you suspect your son may have any kind of infection, you should take him to the doctor and make sure he is checked thoroughly.
  • I personally don't run my kids to the Dr unless I can see that they are getting worse. Ear infections can sometimes be dangerous.
  • edited December 2012
    I personally don't take my daughter to the doc for everything but I also have sister who is a doc and marquis has been paramedic for 6 years so it's just in the family to not go for every runny nose and don't just feed medicine to my daughter left and right for every little thing. However I totally agree with @excitedforoctober and @juliansmommy and @perly. Because fevers especially in children have to be controlled and brought down seizures happen bc of fever very often and are dangerous I know I have seizures BC I have epilepsy. And my neighbor just two nights ago ran over here since Marquis is paramedic and her baby had seizure BC of fever and he had to call for her to have the ambulance come get the baby BC she was so scared. I don't think we should feed our kids Medicine just Bc we can, however if we know the problem then no need to go to the doc if u know or someone you know knows how to treat it from experience!.... But with fevers they need to be brought down for the Childs safety. Some may choice to try natural things first without the medication but if it's not working then medicine is there to help. And I am very thankful we have each other for advice as well :)
  • @jules you are very lucky you have a doctor in your family :) My bff's sister in law is a pediatrician so she always goes to her for any worries, its awesome.
  • I take them in, not for every sniffle but for fevers yes. How are you really going to know if it is an ear infection or strep throat or something if you don't take them? You are there voice, and how could deal with it if something happened bc you didn't take them? You will be sitting in jail for neglecting them. You don't get ear infections from teething either.... an ear infection is an ear INFECTION, it needs to be diagnosed by a doctor who can look down inside the ear and diagnose and then treat it properly.
  • @ExcitedForOctober actually I was already gonna make a discussion but was undecided. intill u mention to take him in then I decided to make it to see what the other ladies think I didn't mean it in any way I'm glad and thank full for ur advice. but I also like others opinions so if I offended u in any way I'm truly sry I understand ur point n all but like I said I like to get all advice and yes I'm serious idk the different of ear infection or reguler only been dealing with teething ones and I wouldn't mind getting my son double check to the Dr. but I already been to the Dr. for the same thing all they do is say give him tylenol or say only come in when he's temp is 104 he acts no different from the rest of the times
  • @perly thank u for ur advice and my son is getting better he's fever is gonna away now. he's Dr. is a good Dr. that's y we picked her and still have her every Dr. appointment I have took my baby to my boyfriend has been there so we pay attention on the meds the advice the Dr. gives there's no different on all the other times we took him n so I know he's fine and I'm able to control it with meds now what I dnt understand is if my son had a ear infection before she just say give tylenol she never gave me any thing else either every Dr. is different or she knows what she's doing but it has worked what she's say
  • @kayleigh27 that's what I mean if they get worst or something u haven't delt with
  • @jules ty for ur advice and agree with those ladies too but if I can control it and make him better then he dnt need to go to the Dr. and it also means it was nothing major I did learn about seizures and fevers on pregly so that's y I'm keeping it dwn and he's doing better
  • edited December 2012
    @My2Boys I heard so many woman on this site that u can get a ear infection threw teething and my Dr. neglected wow for not taking ur kids n for a fever may b if u dnt treat them on what u know but come on my son is fine and doing better I'm sure there's plenty of mothers that dnt take there kids inn just cause of a fever may b if they can't control it yea ill take him in too but he's fine
  • @roxy either way i suggest that you keep track of how often he gets ear infections, because if he's getting them often then there might be a problem that needs to be checked out.
    I don't doubt your son is feeling better, because that's what Tylenol does, but if he has an ear infection you will see the fever coming back because Tylenol is not the cure for any kind of infection. I have bad allergies, and i would always get sinus infections that would turn into strep throat. The doctor would only give me Tylenol because my fever would get real high. He eventually gave me an antibiotic that completely cut it out cause i literally had strep throat about 6 times in one year. Now, Im an adult and i felt horrible, imagine a child. Its just better to be safe than sorry, especially with a baby.
  • @excitedforoctober yes it nice ha? And Marquis is going back to school to be a PA so that's going to be cool having one right in my home :)...
    @Roxy well glad his getting better and like I said since u know what's going on with him and able to keep everything under control! Hope his 100% better soon.
  • @perly I keep track on everything and he only had one light ear infection all the time I took him n cause of taking advice and they were false alarms but ty and ur totally right
  • @jules yea he's GD ty
  • I don't take my daughter in but I'm with the ones that say if they have an ear infection or strep to take them in because my little girl had an ear infection for weeks that we did not know about until it blow and it was still a week before we were able to take her in because it was a holiday week and her doc said we were lucky that we went in when we did because she about lost her hearing because of it.. And as for strep its just better for them to get antibiotics so they don't spread it around to other people.. I'm glad your son is doing better.. I just has to express my view on taking them in for ear infections.
  • I don't take my son in all the time but if its not gone in a week then I do. This last time he was sick I thought it was just a cold and I as so wrong. He has weezing in his lungs really bad almost developed in to bronchitis. I felt so bad because he never showed that he felt bad. Not sure about the ear infection question. My so. Has never had one but I think he has one now from teething
  • I'm sorry but if that doctor says his ear infection will go away on its own without any antibiotics you might want to find another doctor, that doesn't sound right. When I brought up the possibility of an ear infection weeks ago before my son had a seizure his doctor said "oh you would know if he had an ear infection, he would be screaming and pulling at his ear" ...thats BS, my son didn't show ANY signs of being sick or anything bothering him. That was the last time I took him to.that doctor, he now has a new wonderful one that actually knows what she's talking about.
  • @Angelmonkeymelody my son shows no sign of an ear infection or I would b inn the Dr. did ur baby show any signs?
  • edited December 2012
    An ear infection will go away without antibiotics. It takes a lot longer I would not skip them but they Are not required. @excitedforoctober
  • Research it ear infections have been around a long long time
  • Ya agreed @char..

..not everything REQUIRES meds.
  • @angie87 I had read a discussion about ur baby bet that was scary but I agree take baby n if not getting any better then a week how did u find out if ur baby has a ear infection? my son shows no sign of a ear infection
  • @ExcitedForOctober I'm gonna talk with my Dr. wow ur son was sick and he showed no sign that concerns me I'm gonna take him n when they open
  • Yea wen I took my baby in for her 9 months she had a infected red ear wit pus in there I had no idea
This discussion has been closed.