so proud, I have to share

edited December 2012 in Ages & Stages
My almost 19 month old finally just started walking!!! He's been doing physical therapy since he was 11 months because he was sooo far behind with his gross motor skills and he is finally walking around and standing on his own! I'm one happy mama!

Comments

• Yaaayyyyyy!!!!! :) that's awesome!!!
  • That's great!!! Soo happy and thank God for physical therapy and good parents who put the time and money into it. Very happy for you and proud of your Lo!
  • That's awesome!! :)
  • Yay! Congrats. I can't wait for my daughter to walk she 15 months and just started taking a few steps and will stand on her own sometimes for a minute or so.. but she's just content with crawling her doctor doesn't seem concerned
  • Thanks ladies, he's pretty proud of himself too :) It was funny, my three year old saw him walking across the playroom and he gasped and was so shocked his little brother was walking and not crawling lol.
    @Chelcie89 My pediatrician never seemed too concerned either, it kind of drove me crazy. I had to initiate physical therapy on my own and at every appointment he'd say " oh, I'm sure he'll be walking in a month. Just wait and see what happens" does your daughter seem to not be confident about walking? My son probably could have walked a month ago he was just afraid and needed to perfect his balance
  • She's a very caucious baby she takes everything slow and practices little by little till she's confident she can do it.. I know she can walk she just doesn't want to and trys to go too fast cause she's use to pushing her walking toys
  • She needs to work on her balance more too
  • Yayyyy!! Thats great! Way to go little man!
  • awwww congratulations