poorly baby

edited December 2012 in Pregnant
my 5week old baby is poorly! hes got a really bad cough which sounds so painful! he also sounds like he has alot of phlem that he coughs up but just doesnt bring up! i took him to the doctor and he said his chest was clear and there is nothing they can do! i hate seeing him like this! im scared to sleep incase he starts coughin and anything happens!
i have raised his crib for him to sleep and i have had him on his tummy over my knee trying to get the phlem off his chest!
anyone know any other ideaa of things i can do to help him???

Comments

• You could put him in his infant car seat to sleep so he's sitting up. Poor baby!
  • Do you have a cool must humidifier? That might help some.
  • *mist not must
  • I wouldn't put him in the car seat. Studies have shown that infant oxygen levels drop when in car seats. If he is having trouble that would be the last place I would put him.

Try taking him into the bathroom. Close the door and turn the shower on hot for 15minutes to steam up the room. Hold him upright by the steam and pat his back. It should help some. I hope he is feeling better soon
  • That's weird because my dr has always told me that. :/
  • edited December 2012
    The steam worked good when daughter was itty bitty and sick. My pedi also told us to put her in her car seat our swing, something that was at an angle where she wasn't flat.
  • Try putting some vicks' vapor rub (the kind for children) on his feet then put socks over it...

Sounds odd but works for me and mine.
  • thanks @everyone @wilsomom i put him in his carseat last night and he slept for like 3hrs at a time which was gd!
    @mathair i didnt think u cld use it on babies under 3months? i do rub it on my 18month olds feet when hes poorly and it works well!
  • Exact same thing happened with my LO about 2 months ago until they gave him antibiotics and it was almost gone within a day. He had sooooo much pleghm that he couldn't breathe, it was so scary.
  • Glad you both got some sleep, I hope he gets all better soon!
  • My son got a cough at 2 months it was horrible. Just keep up the bathroom steaming we did it twice a day, humidifier runs 24/7, we used a cradle swing when he was really bad for sleeping.
  • I'm sorry I didn't see his age, you are correct.