prednisone question

edited January 2013 in Babies Health
In an earlier post I was talking about my lo, ok took her back to dr today, they gave her a steroid shot and sent us home with prednisone, my question is does anyone have experience with this med??? Ive read tons of nightmares on the internet so now im wondering if its worth it.... thanks
Fyi she was diagnosed with an extreme case of herpangina....

Comments

• I've never taken it, but I've dispensed it to a patient. She said it made her dizzy.
  • I hate prednisone but it really works. :-/ i gain weight/swell, emotional swings, etc. I have diff reactions each time i take it lol
  • I have taken it a few times. It works great, but it makes me very hungry.... Like we are talking, I ate like I did when I was 8mos preggo kinda hungry lol.
  • @doodles @stillsuprised ok well we can deal with those, u guys are right with the hunger the only thing we can get her to eat now is zaxbys toast so we went and bought a few baskets lol, but im hoping for some amazing results, she already seems a little more comfy so we will see i guess! Thank u so much!!!
  • My daughter was given it for walking pneumonia and it was a life saver, finally got her over a month of being sick.
  • Did she have any adverse side effects??? So far it has made such a difference already!!! She is so much more comfortable today.. thank u
    @kenzie0713
  • @0811 none at all. I was amazed at the wonders it worked and I'm one of those people who hate medication lol but this one is a keeper. I'm glad to hear she's feeling better today!
  • Yay hopefully she wont either, so far we havent noticed anything negative!! Thank u very much for sharing your experience with me!! @kenzie0713