Hydroxicut

edited January 2013 in Health
Has anyone ever used this? I know that diet and exercise are best but I have been dieting and trying to exercise when I can and I am just not see anything happening. I thought I would try something to just to help me jump start some kind of results.

Comments

• edited January 2013
    It gave me energy an decreased my appetite made me pee alot I didn't take them very long tho . I bought the natural weight loss an natural green tea pills from dollar tree I liked those better
  • I used it once, I lost 10lbs in like 2 weeks but it was all water weight. It gave me really bad headaches so I stopped taking it and gained it all back in 3 days lol.
  • I got the gummy ones. You take 2 a half hour before you eat a meal. Ive only been taken it for like 2 days haven't had any weird symtoms.
  • It gave me the worst jitters ever! I had to stop taking it bc it was so bad.
  • I hope I don't get any of that lol. Thanks for the info ladies
  • I took them when I was younger and I got bad mood swings, and I actually didn't want to eat at all. I didn't think notice it till my husband told me so I stopped and went back to my self
  • Lost forty pounds in 3mo by taking them and running three times a week. Changed nothing in my diet.
  • Why don't you try phentermine?
  • @excitedforoctober how do you get them? My friend is so over weight she works out eats really healthy and can't lose weight she has no other health problems. my sis took them.and lost a lot of weight. my friend has no insurance
  • I took phentermine and lost about 25lbs in a month. I went to a weight loss clinic and i got those pills and a b-12 shot and i was put on the Atkins diet. I also exercised about 30-45 minutes a day and i literally lost anywhere from 5-7lbs a week.
  • @firsttimemom yes like Perly said at a weight loss clinic, its fairly easy to get them but they cost between $60-80 for a monthly supply.
  • Plus the clinic visit right? ill let her know thank you.
  • The place I went to included it in the total price. I lost about 10lbs in a week or so, you have to keep up with them though. I stopped taking them because they would give me headaches and I gained it all back right away.
  • Ok thank you.
  • see the pill sounds good until the part where you stop taking it and gain everything back lol i hate that part. I want to find a pill that just helps suppress your hunger. I just want to get use to eating less with out being hungry and going crazy lol
  • See i had different results. I used them for about 3 months. I payed $120. That was for the visit, the 4 b-12 shots and with the prescription for the pills.
    The 4 b-12 shots are a month supply. You get the shot once a week, and they weigh you in and All that good stuff.
    When i stopped the pills, i still lost weight cause i kept doing the diet and exercising. The pills and shots are only an introduction to weight loss. Once you have gotten to a certain weight, the doctor will take you off the pill but keep you on the diet.

Im not trying to say that @excitedforoctober didn't continue her diet, because i don't know that. The doctor told me that i needed to continue the diet as if i was still on the pill so that i could keep losing weight. It worked for me.
  • edited January 2013
    @firsttimemom: One mistake overweight people make when trying to diet is restricting their calories to drastically. I'm betting she's consuming too few calories, which is hindering weight loss.
  • Hey @Mijita, I know you are super knowledgeable about this stuff so I have a question for you! Why does consuming too few calories hinder weight loss? This is something I just flat out dont understand!
  • @molly... Gotta eat to drip weight. If you don't take in enough calories your body goes into starvation mode and tries to hold on to the fat.

(learned that from Mijita... LOL)

• edited January 2013
    If you want to drop weight... and free joined us on WWW.myfitnesspal.com

Add me: LeticiaHuggins

I'll link you in with the other 30 of us preglies. Don't wait... I tell you I'm already at 38.6 lbs weight loss from when we all just stared a few months ago.

If I can do it... Anyone can!
  • @mijita hey can you post that website again that calculates your calorie needs for fat loss/extreme fat loss/maintaining weight? Thank you!!!
  • @perly you're right, you need to continue the diet. My problem wasn't that once I got off of them I started stuffing my face lol It was that I stopped the pills before I even finished my first months supply because they made me feel really yucky so I think that most of the weight I did lose was just water weight which is why I put it back on so easily.
  • @excitedforoctober yeah thats what i was thinking. My mom did the diet with me and she had to get a lower dose on the pills because she was having the same effects. But once that was fixed, it started working for her too. I wonder why your doctor didn't offer a lower dose?
  • @perky Exactly! I chose the higher dose myself lol because I wanted faster results but they were too much for me. I am only slightly overweight so I think it was too strong for my body. I never bothered to go back and ask the the lower dose. Once I have my second baby and stop breastfeeding I will go back. Mama needs her body back! :)
  • @YNVTish ok so I have MyFitnessPal on my phone.. Haven't done anything with it yet.. I've also started doing Zumba twice a week for 1 hour each class. I'm looking into diets or meal planning to help drop the weight, but I'm not sure what direction I want to go in. I was thinking maybe doing weight watchers... IIiiiii dunno. How exactly did MyFitnessPal help you? Is that just the calorie monitoring coupled with the exercise you input that helps you track weightloss?

@perly did you go to a weight loss clinic or did you talk to your primary care doctor? I'd like to have a professional evaluate me and point me in the right direction for weightloss..
  • @alilboulding i went to a weight loss clinic. The first time i went i met with a doctor that evaluated me and ran some tests, then i went once a week to weigh in and to get my b-12 shot. They also offered a fat burning shot, completely up to you if you want it for $20.
  • But that was here in Houston, Tx. I don't know where you are from, but im sure you can find one close to you.