Time to switch!

Soo Scarlett is finally getting teeth and I didn't care before that she was drinking get milk out of the bottles but more that the teeth are coming in I'm trying to switch get to sippy. It's weird care she drinks her water and juice out of them and doesn't care but she wants the milk out of her bottle. She gets really sad and throws it down and asks for baba. I need advice she needs to switch but I feel soo bad. What did you all do?

Comments

• well I wish I had answers for u I still can't get my son off the boob LOL and hell only drike water Fr he's sippy cup I guess I let my son get he's way : )
  • See this is why it's so hard for me I had no problem switching to bottles from boob and she loves her sippy but I tried putting the milk in it 2 times now and she wants it in her bottle. IM just going to keep trying I guess...@roxy
  • Just don't give in! I fought with Savanah trying to get her to take milk out of her sippy cup for about 3 days she didn't drink milk then eventually just started drinking it cause she knew I was serious. Good luck I know its hard cause Savanah just cried and cried wanting her bottle but I didn't give in.
  • My son is the same way he drinks everything Elsa out of a cup but not milk . The only one he drank out of was the nuk silicone sippy cup but I didnt like how the nipple keeps collapsing and he would chew on it also. It looks like am going to have to keep using that one
  • My daughter was a hard headed one and after a week of trying, I warmed it up in the sippy and put her to bed with it....when I went to check on her 5 mins later it was empty and she was asleep..it took about 3 nights of that and now she drinks milk when she wakes up and before bedtime as long as its warm
  • Just put all the babas up that's what i had to do and she has been on sippy all the time for 3 months now..
  • @chelcie89 well that gives me some hope! I guess I'll just have to keep trying. She's going through her first cough right now tough so I'm going to wait until she feels better cause that's just to mean lol..
    @angie87 you know I do think she might not like the cups I got her I got them for Christmas they are super cute but she keeps looking at them funny they are kinda big. I should try find different kind she likes it when they have handles. I have few different kids even for her juice and she never finished unless it's in the cup with the handles...picky one!
  • @firsttimemommy0928 I might try that she's used to it cold though but u never know until u try. thank you!
  • i havent read the full post but with my little one i had a sippy cup for juice and water and a completely different sippy cup for water! it took time but he got used to the two! he now knows the difference between the cups and we have no probs gettin juice or milk down him! he was completly off bottles by 1 and just havin sippy cups:-)
  • @denois that is what I'm trying to achieve :)
  • I just made all the bottles disappear one day and never looked back. My daughter didn't have any trouble switching over but in case she did the bottles weren't available for me to give in so she had no choice.
  • @lilliansmom well I think that's what I'm going to have to do once she helps better. But in making my bottles since we're trying for one more :)
  • i meant to say a completly different cup for milk! :-)
  • @denois I have two new cups that I bough just to switch her to milk not the once I've been using for juice and water she doesn't like it. :(
  • Im having the same problem with my son. He drinks water and juice out of a cup but not milk and I swear I feel like I have tried many sippy cups. When u figure out something that works let me know because he needs to be off the bottle and its been a struggle.
  • @jules it took me a few new cups to find 2 that my little one liked! but when i found two he liked we then got him used to havin water and juice in one and milk in the other! keep at it!
  • @jessibear well I got her two more cups today and when we got her I or it in her normal bottle and then I switched it right in front of her and a said baba and got very excited and pretended to drink some myself. And she got excited to and drank some. Although she didn't finish I think it was good start! It has softer top I think that's why she was willing to try it. Hopefully the rest of the day goes well too.
  • @denois I'll keep trying! Hopefully she sticks to the one I bought today! Cause that's cup number 4 lol
  • I remember when my stepmom did the switch with my little brother. It was hard because he cried so bad. What she did was buy sippy cups that had a soft nipple so that he could see the resemblance and she put all the bottles away. He put up a fight, but he eventually gave in.
    The thing that did it for him was knowing the bottles weren't around anymore, so he didn't have a choice.
  • My daughter won't even take a sippy cup she wants a normal cup or a water bottle lol
  • @perly that's what I did today and at first she was drinking out of it but then didn't want anymore so I put it in the fridge and I've been trying to give it to her and she's not crying or anything it's like she just does want any period just keeps playing. I'm sure when she gets thirsty enough she will come around
  • @jules she'll catch on soon :)
  • @perly I hope so cause she hasn't had anymore the whole day I'm trying to give to her. I feel bad I just want to give her bottle lol
  • @jules i know it must be hard, but don't give in. She'll know your breaking point, and will aim for that knowing she will eventually get her way.
  • @perly oh yes she does. Unfortunately my husband has consumer over right now and she threw a fit with the cut cause she always gets bottle at this time so I gave in :(... I'm bummed out but I didn't want to be rude it's ok I'll keep trying guess.
  • @jules lol. Its ok. Whenever you are 100% ready to take her off the bottle, make sure you get all the bottles out of the house. That way you both don't have another choice lol.
  • @perly lol I think it's more hard on me or on parents in general :)... I need day were I know were not running around and people aren't coming over. This was surprise which aren't my favorite.
  • @jules yeah cause now she's starting to get the hint about the switch lol.
  • @perly yep! I'm Sure eventually she will get the hang of it
  • @perly well were trying again today. Since my husband is home and not going anywhere or no one coming over hopefully by the end of the day she gives in. Soo far no luck she throws it around. I hope this doesn't go on too long.