when did you lo start feeding there self with a spoon

edited January 2013 in Food
My son is 15 months and still im feeding him with a spoon and he can eat finger foods by hisself is he behind

Comments

• edited January 2013
    My son is 15 months also and he eats with spoon and fork but I feed him mainly if its to messy and we are not home. I think they are good till about 18month to 2 year. Plus if he feeds him self with finger foods I wouldnt worry to much
  • My daughter is 14 months old and mainly plays with her spoon and fork but can use them. I still feed her sometimes if its too messy and I don't feel like cleaning up but she usually gets mad if she can't feed herself.
  • edited January 2013
    Mine is 15 months & he tries, but can't do it. It's cute because he'll get his spoon all ready & by the time he gets it to his mouth all the food has fallen off & he's like what the heck?! Lol I don't think your son is behind, just keep letting him play with the spoon while you're feeding him or he's eating finger food & he'll get it eventually.
  • Thanks your guys that helps thank goodness he isnt behind im a 1st time mom and everything is new to me sp I worry a lot
  • This is a good time to give your son the spoon and let him go for it. My LO was about 15 months. I would let her feed herself in the morning with cherrios and a little milk.

She's 17 months now and is pretty darn good with her spoon. She still gets cherrios in her lap but most goes in her mouth. She still gets tired of the spoon and sometimes uses her hands if she's in pig out mode.

Now she's starting to pick up her bowl to slurp her milk at the end.... Too cute!
  • About 17/18 months with my daughter and she will not eat unless I give her a spoon