after MC

edited January 2013 in Depression
Its been 2 weeks since my D&C and I feel like everyone, including my husvand, is expecting me to start getting over it, but I feel like its just now that things are really getting to me. Im giving myself all the time I need to grieve but Im just sensitive about everything. How long was the process for you?

Comments

• Your hormones are still on a rollar coaster and its difficult anyways.... they should be patient
  • Oh honey, Im so sorry. I wish i could give you a hug! I lost my first pregnancy at 17wks and i believe that a loss is a loss no matter what stage of pregnancy you are in.
    Take as long as you need to grieve. Honestly, it took me a few months to finally come to terms with my loss. The pain never goes away, we just learn how to live with it. Try finding a support group in your area, it helps TONS!
    The people surrounding you will not understand why its taking you so long to "get over it" as they put it, because the baby didn't seem so real to them like it would have been if you were further along and they could feel him/her move and so on.. but it was real to you and that's all that matters. Find a support group, there is no better help with coping with your loss than sharing and with people that feel your pain.

If you want to talk more msg me at ncanales14@mail.com
    I understand what you feel, and i would love to be a helping hand :)