tmi - but seriously can't catch a break

edited January 2013 in Postpartum Health
ok ladies - now my butt is totally chappy and itchy. do you think it's ok to use lotrumin cream on it? I guess im just afraid of anything coming into contact with my healing female parts that would make it hurt or wouldn't be good for it. So I was just wondering what you ladies thought. I also thought about just using Vaseline or neosporin for the chappiness and hoping that would take away the itch.
sorry for the tmi posts lately- I just CANNOT wait for this healing process to be over!

Comments

• Bump. Sorry hope u feel better soon
  • Try diaper rash cream
  • Take a warm bath with bran in it. That's what I did. It felt awesome.
  • You can try coconut oil its all natural and is a get moisturizer so you wouldn't have to worry about it getting where your healing. Its works wonders on skin issues. Hope you feel better soon.
  • @musicmomma.... Healing process? What part of your butt is chapped? Is it your anal hole? Did you just have a baby or just trouble on your on?
  • @YNVTish - I just gave birth ten days ago and tore terribly. the dr said she hadn't seen anything like it in 18 years. and the chappiness and itchiness are on the inside of my cheeks and across the hole. it started itching after I was having regular stools and was wiping more down there.
    I have been doing sits baths which feel great but I can't sit in the bath all day and need some relief throughout the day.
  • I had that! One my butt n face! N it was also I had Delilah. I put diaper cream n my but n coco butter on my face.
  • @musicmomma ... Oh ok! I feel your pain girl. Before I even delivered I had horrible hemerroids that were from Hell.

My mom just had anal surgery and is having itching issues and pain too. She takes sits baths ever time she pees or loops.... It's the kind that sit in your toilet. Do you have that kind? She said they speed up the healing and ease the itching and pain.

My Dr gave my lidocaine ointment and that numbed everything and the itching couldn't drive me cRaZy.... Maybe ask your Dr for Lidocaine and increase your sits baths (toilet not bath)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @homebirthadvocate the ice in the diaper is this best!