help!

edited January 2013 in Baby showers
I'm helping my friend plan her babyshower for a boy. N she has no one else but me! She told me that her family didn't want to help her. So I offered her my help. And now she told me that her sister is bitching about me helping cause im friend n only family are suppose to help! Like come on dude really!.
She is not telling me that she doesn't want me to help her but I dnt want to do everything n then at the end go n to have a bunch of girls or women dogging me u know. Ugh idk I just need a peace of mind n keep on helping her. Or do I just back out.
N if I stay any pointers?

Comments

• Well first get sister is bitch and wrong because anyone can help anyone if they wish to. I wasn't aware that there was rule against helping people especially when they are trying to create special memory she well always remember and be thankful for. If she asked u to help then continue helping. If she's worried about her sister and comes to you and says I'll just have her do it then that's different story. This is her day to enjoy and celebrate bringing baby into the world. It's not day for drama. I would tell your Friend that u would love to help her with anything if that's what she wants and if not then you wont have your feelings hurt. That u just want get to be happy. That's what I would say to a friend and just remember she got lot of hormones going on right now :)... But I think she might just be over whelmed and needs ideas and guidance and someone help her get organized. My friend threw a shower for me but the whole time she was pretty much just guiding me along so I can have what I always pictured. I think u should talk with your friend then you will know what is best in this situation. I hope it all works out but don't worry about anyone else but your friend.
  • Yea I know but like i dnt want to go n help her to get everything ready n help her through out the party n to be getting dog by her whole family u know. I dnt think its not fair that im be using my time n effort helping her N HER FAMILY CAUSE THEY WON'T have to do it. Idk...I just dnt know lol maybe i im just letting it get to me. Thanks girl @jules
  • Have you asked your friend if she still wants you to help? Because you probably should.
    What i would do is ask her. I would say "Do you still want me to help, or would you rather have your sister help you? Whatever you want Im ok with, i just want this babyshower to be special for you." Then let her tell you.
  • Its cause I did ask her n she was like nah dnt worry about it ok they won't say anything. N she stayed quite n shes like well I dnt think they will. N I was well I guess...well she coming over tomorrow so I guess ill just talk to her then.
    Its just I dnt want to help her n half way for her to bring in her sister n everything get messed up. U know. @perly
  • Just help with whatever you can and that's it. I know it sucks, because you are doing this from the bottom of your heart but what can you do if her sister decides to take over the planning somewhere down the line? There's not much you can do. Just help as much as you can, hope for the best and at all times remember that you did this out of the goodness of your heart.
    Screw what her family has to say. At least you took it upon yourself to help her knowing that it wasn't your responsibility to do so. Like i said, as long as you know in your heart that you did the right thing, for as long as you could and that it made a difference... don't worry about anything or anyone else. People now a days can't be pleased, so why try.
  • Well sounds like u just need to talk to your friend say you're happy to help if she needs it if not that's ok to. You just want everyone to be happy. See what she says and how she says it. I think it's important to be open minded no matter the situation.