degrees of tears from giving birth

edited January 2013 in Postpartum Health
Are 1st degree tears the worst or is it 4th degree tears the worst?

Comments

• edited March 2013
  • edited February 2013
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I had a 4th degree tear. I still have muscle issue. It was horrible i was cut and still tore
  • I had a third degree tear and it was horrible. I had stitches, although I don't remember how many, and it took forever to heal.
  • I had 3, 3rd degree tears and it hurt like a b*+@&;!! I hope I don't tear this time :(
  • I had 3rd degree external labia tears... Not my perinum. Weird. No stitches.... To a week or so to heal... Deff interesting. Lol
  • Oouuuch, Im so scared lol. I asked about the tears a few weeks back, they make me feel nervous about giving birth.
  • @perly its worth it in the end! I put witch hazel pads on my pad in my undies which helped the stinging A LOT
  • @kittypotato i know it'll be worth it, but i can't help to feel nervous. Im such a scary cat when it comes to pain. I try avoiding anything that causes pain.
  • edited January 2013
    i believe mine were 4th degree. My labia ripped near my clit and it is still ripped from each other, instead of one whole, til this day, a yr later and hurts at times :(
  • With my 3 child the same thing happened to me @LolasBabyNum1
  • I had a third degree tear! The stitches hurt but nothing i can't handle. It took about two weeks to heal but i had witch hazel pads on constantly,sprayed dermapalast on it, and took sits baths every time i peed. I also had a squirt bottle well i had 4.. two with Luke warm water two with cold and i felt alot better. I have to say i think being constapated was worst because of the fear if your,going to tear more. lol.
  • It took me 45 mins just to pee lol something else i found helpful was the bag the sits bath came with i pre filled it after i used the restroom so when i have to go again i don't have to wait and i hooked it on to the shower curtain rod so i could've sat on the toilet and just let it spray. Just those things alone were awesome.
  • With my first daughter I had 2 fourth degree tears and it hurt so bad for so long,OMG!
    With my second daughter I had a 1 degree tear and it didn't hurt at all.
    With the fourth degree tear I couldn't even stand up straight or poo or pee normally until at least 9 weeks later.It even hurt to sneeze...But was well worth it.The second time around I didn't even need to take any pain medication because it didn't hurt at all.I was up and walking around and doing everything normally a little over 24 hours later.It was a breeze the second time for sure.