DO I GOT A CASE.......

edited January 2013 in VENT (keep it peaceful!)
I mast my back up at work n 08 I did there Dr. therapy I told them at the time my back hurts bad the Dr. said I was to young for my back to go out and gave me some pills and some gel cream and sent me to wrk on light duty. at the time I had bills that needed to be paid and I wasn't getting no hours so I lied even thow my back still hurt and said I was fine so went back to normal duty's but quick my job my back still hurts a lot till this day never went to the Dr. cause never had insurance I do have medical now but idk if it well cover any thing I just want my back to b normal again if I lay on my back and straighten my legs my lower back pops its terrible walking sitting standing all that for too long starts to kill me oh and its hard to even shave my legs ladies were do I start I have been working doing hard labor I had no other choice with bills n all but now I'm a stay at home mom I want to seek help but idk if ill get any

Comments

• I would start by calling my insurance and asking what they would cover and what you need referrals for. Our insurance company is always very helpful so I'd start there if I were you. I hope you can get the help you need and feel better!
  • Yeah, call your insurance to see what exactly you have coverage for. If you do have coverage for some kind of chiropractor or something like with therapy and look for a massage therapist. I worked at a gym, and there was a massage therapist that had his office in the gym... he was awesome. He fixed me up in 5 minutes.
  • Call the insurance. You can also call your family doc that is covered by your insurance and they always have list of things that your insurance also covers that could be little faster . Because I know talking to my insurance directly can take forever to get an answer back.
  • Call your insurance but do not tell them you have a pre existing condition. Just the symptoms

Good luck
  • okay ladies ty I'm gonna call medical
  • @soon2b3 so if they ask question how did it happen when did it happen wat do I say
  • I work with alot of workers comp cases and I think you waited too long. I don't see a case, unless maybe you get a lawyer.
  • I dont think there would be a case because you waited too long. Plus technically it would be insurance fraud because you lied and went back to work... and I would think if you had been put on light duty by a doctor you would have had to get a doctors excuse to go back to work normal. So by saying it was all better and going to work normal I dont think you would have a case at all.
  • Yeah you killed your case when you lied and said you were ok
  • I don't see a case since u lied and worked normal duty.
  • Unfortunately since you lied and went back to work and waited too long, you don't have a case. My mom works in workers comp.
  • Just say maybe you lifted something and felt a sharp pain or stumbled on something
  • Girl... All you have to do is start seeing a doctor or go to the ER .they will automatically ask if this is a work injury you put yes and what company. Right there is when your case opens. They'll do it for you. Dr's and insurance companies are hungry and cut throat.
  • @YNVTish this is what I was thinking also
  • @ynvtish they can reopen the case but it will be denied fast by the workers comp insurance, I deal with so many denials.
  • Yep, it will be denied. Can't go to the er for a work related incident five years after the fact. Ain't gonna fly :(
  • You would've had a case if there wasn't any medical attention offered to you at the time, but being that there was and you chose to leave it there is no way that they can approve workers comp. What you can do, is go to the E.R. and tell them what you feel and just say that you're not sure why. That way you get treated and get fixed.
  • @perly that's all I want to get fix ty
  • @roxy you're welcome :)
    I hope you feel better soon
  • edited January 2013
    I'm actually dealing with something similar. Ive been seeing my Dr for my shoulder and she sent me to the diagnostic center to get an MRI done on it. Not more then 2 weeks after I received me results in the mail I got a letter from the insurance company asking me when, where and how this injury happened. I have the letter in my purse right now.

This was sent in Dec and I never had a chance to return it because I ended up getting pneumonia.

I received a call on Friday regarding the letter and inquiring on he injury. I explained it was an old work injury and they STILL wanted to know more and also asked for the letter to be returned ASAP.

I'M JUST SAYING FOLKS.... WHERE THERES MONEY TO BE MADE...EVERYONE WANTS A PIEICE OF IT....NO MATTER WHAT!
  • @YNVTish I know for a fact if I get xray they'll see my problem ugh