she chipped her front tooth! :(

edited January 2013 in Babies Health
Last night Tessa was being her usual reckless self and hit her mouth on the coffee table and chipped her front tooth :( I have to take her to the dentist Monday so they can smooth it out but its still gonna be all crooked looking. I was at work when it happened which upsets me even more. She's acting like nothings wrong though of course lol.

Comments

• Don't worry this is normal and happens a lot. I'm a dental hygienist and I work in a pediatric office and I've seen this many times. They can try to smooth the tooth but often will just leave it alone because if she's too little and won't cooperate it's better not to force it. Kids are really resilient and it probably won't bother her. Just be on the look out for the tooth to change color. It can change anything from yellow to brown to gray to black.
  • My now 20 year old did that when she was 2! It was fine & of course she eventually lost her baby tooth, but we got used to it & it gave her a little character I suppose. Lol At least your lo isn't hurt hopefully. My now 17 year old also knocked out his 2 bottom front teeth when he was 5 eating corn on the cob!
  • @frantastic Thanks, my good friend is a dental hygienist at a ped office too lol that's where I'm taking her, so we'll see how it goes!

@wilsomom lol that's what I said, it will set her apart from all the other babies haha. My sister smashed her face on the sidewalk when she was little but luckily the teeth didn't fall out. Dang I didn't realize how dangerous corn on the cob was!! ;)
  • Yeah, as long as it doesn't change color or starts hurting she should be fine. Either way, it'll fall out and she won't have a chipped tooth :)