Af didn't show up today so I took a test.. update*

And bfn. I was due for af today.. I'm usually always on time so idk what's up. I do have lots of tmi clear discharge though and like the white stuff attached to the chickens egg looking thing in my pee ? I'm confused? But we'll see ill test again tomorrow. I'm using a dollar tree test and can't get to the store for a week to get another brand like first response.

Comments

• Omg go have sex asap
    That's fertile CM mam!! Go now!
  • Or at least sounds like it
  • edited January 2013
    You may have ovulated late which pushes AF back. It does sound like fertile CM. So I'm advising you to grab your man and hump like jack rabbits. Don't forget menstrual cycle can change. Its 12 months in a year but we get 13 periods a year. So your cycle is gonna change once a year or once every few years.

Just in case start DTD, NOW!

KMFX.
  • @soontobe3 really?! I had no idea there was such thing :)

@veevee thank you :) ill keep that in mind :)
  • Your cervical mucus or CM can be a big indicator that you're ovulating. If your CM is egg white (raw eggs) or wet/watery you're ovulating. If creamy, sticky or dry your not ovulating but you're getting close. I never got EWCM (Eggwhite Cervical Mucus) but I always got wet and watery.
  • @veevee wow.. well its the first one you said and it tmi smells really really sweet. When i was pregnant with my first i never kept track of my period and one day my mom said she had a feeling i was pregnant to take a test and sure enough she was right!.
  • edited January 2013
    @veevee I'm always learning something new from you. I'm kinda bummed out my husband is going to be gone this week in the days IM supposed to be ovulating soo we tried tonight cause u never know. Or at least in hoping I'll ovulate little earlier. I only need like 2 days earlier that would be amazing. But I didn't know sticky means you're close cause I was sticky today that's why I thought we might as well try.. I guess,I was wrong...bummer oh and I tried messaging you had quick question hope it worked never really do that lol. if not just message me if you don't mind I need some help :)
  • @veevee can you ovulate while being in the beginning stages of pregnancy? I pretty sure i was ovulating today. It was really wet, and egg white-y lol it was really really really wet.
  • @jules @MommyLovesSparkle Well sticky and creamy is really considered infertile cervical mucus, but when you see it just know that wet/watery and/or ewcm is on its way. Sometimes you can get fertile cm after ovulation like a day or two.

Well you only ovulate once and once you are pregnant you don't ovulate again. There have been rare cases where women ovulate twice in the same cycle but one of the eggs usually never stays. Ovulation releases the egg for pregnancy and if that egg is caught. No more ovulation for the next 9 to 10 months, or more.

I have been wet here lately too since being pregnant. I have invested in pantyliners. I heard its normal.

If you're wet and eggwhite-y GO JUMP YOUR MAN NOW!!!!
  • I see... Well I'll pay more attention to it I'm mostly used to seeing the kind of sticky stuff I guess...
  • But don't you have to have af right before you ovulate? And am i ovulating right now or i was ovulating last month and i can be pregnant now?
  • Well you kind of need a period to ovulate that's how the cycle works. Judging by what your saying you could be ovulating, but ovulation only last a few hours 12 to 14. Your fertile days leads up to ovulation. Its best to DTD a few days before ovulation with a better chance of catching the egg. So if you see fertile mucus its just best to DTD and hope for the best.
  • Yes every time I have EWCM I get pregnant! Good luck!!! U have to have after to ovulate but sometimes u can ovulate late pushing the after BK or causing her to not cone at all in the case of positive pregnancy. Veevee is pretty close on the mark
    I was a clinic lead for yrs in an on/gyn office and learned so much
  • @veevee & @soontob3 thank you for your replies! I still haven't gotten my period. I think I'm going to buy a first response test today to test tomorrow morning. :)
  • Ooooo keep us posted. Google to see which test has the highest sensitivity to the lowest amount of hcg levels. Then buy that one :) good luck
  • edited January 2013
    I remember with my first the first day of my period was 1-13-11 then i got my positive on 2-14-11 valentines day :)
  • Keep us posted please and you're welcome.
  • Okay so i took a test when i woke up (about a half hour ago lol) and i think peed too much and i pointed it upwards so pretty sure i got an invalid result. I had to pee too bad to read the directions lol i think next time ill pee in a cup and dip it in the cup for 5 seconds? Is that a bad idea? Ill try again next time i pee :) @veevee & @soontob3
  • I always do the dip.
  • What was the result?? Cant leave that info out on us!! Lol good luck!!!
  • Lol sorry i thought i put it. It came out bfn again at this point I'm really confused. It was a 5 days before your missed period test.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @homebirthadvocate i was due on the 11th. Okay i understand. I don't have any symptoms of my period starting (i usually get major symptoms a week ahead of time.) Should i make an appt with a doctor or wait it out a few more weeks?
    i took another test and bfn @veevee , @soontob3 @coltonsmamma
  • Wow i just realized i was spelling your username wrong,this whole time @soon2b3 I'm sorry.
  • Some women don't get a positive until after their missed period. You're not out until AF shows up.
  • I did miss my period tho @veevee i guess we'll see within the next few days hopefully