Maybe....

So the other day I went on one of those dating websites cause I hadn't been on it in a while and was just looking around and randomly messaged some guy. Well we talked all day yesterday and have been talking all day today. He is a full time dad and only lives about half an hour away from me. He has a car and a job lives at his moms (but then again so do i lol). I just had to share with you ladies because I don't want to talk about it with family or close friends because we just started talking ( I hate the whole gushie "oh yay" crap lol) Anyway he wants to take me on a date next Sunday... Now what excuse to come up with to tell my mom so she watches the baby for me lol

Comments

• Just tell her you have a date. No need to elaborate..tell her it's a blind date a friend set you up on.
  • I agree if this is what you really want to do just say you got date. That shouldn't be big deal right :)
  • It shouldn't be a big deal but she is going to want to know all the details and I don't like all the attention lol id rather go on it without her knowing and then if it goes well tell her about it. If it doesn't go well I don't wanna have to talk about it ya know?
  • Just say blind date
  • Just say you want to do some valentines day present shopping for your daughter (sorry i don't remember if you have a baby boy or a baby girl so I'm just going to go with my gut lol) :) & just so your not lying when the date is over get her a stuffed animal or something :)
  • Well say you're going out with some friends grab some food and then if it fits well just come back saying you're friend brought guy or whatever go from there
  • Just say you are going to dinner with a friend... I mean thats what he is at this point right a friend
  • edited January 2013
    Be honest with someone... It's a blind date and SOMEONE needs to know who you're going with and where. Never know what might happened.

Sounds fun and exciting... Keep us all posted! Imma sucka for love!
  • ill probably end up telling her that im going out with some friends and if all goes well then i will tell her with who lol.
  • I talked to him on the phone last night and he talks a lot which is good but it was about random stuff lol We shall see. Im nervous just because Makenzie's dad was like my first real relationship besides all the highschool BS relationships.
  • I totally agree wit @YNVTish. Hope u have a great time :)
  • I agree with @YNVTish someone should really know where you're at and who with bc you never know these days. As far as mom being gushy my mom is the same way and it truly annoys me but its better to deal with her than maybe going and not being safe. Just give her simple answers not too much detail but enough to make sure you'll remain safe:)
  • Becareful hun!!! I agree @YNVTish
  • Make sure you tell someone where you are! :-)
  • Sounds like fun though and so does he ;-)
  • Tell her where you are going to be and with who.
  • Heck take her and have her sit somewhere else. I don't trust people, and never meet a stanger without carrying a gun.
  • I told my best friend about him. still not sure where we are going but I will be letting her know when I find out. I only meet in public places and get there early so I can be inside before they are.
    I am nervous though. Ive never dated anyone with kids and even though I have one of my own its kinda weird to me. Idk what to expect. Im scared to "like" him because will that be my life being with someone who has a child too. (not trying to sound bitchy or anything just venting) I mean idk if I want another child because I can't see myself loving anyone else by Makenzie (if that makes sense)