jacks ent appt

edited January 2013 in Babies Health
We just left the ent. He's concerned that Jack had 4 ear infections in a row and he's not saying any words. They want to do tubes to see if that helps. I guess he's worried the infections could have messed with his hearing?

Comments

• Yikes, praying for you guys. I'm glad you got to see the ent!!
  • @natashalynn me too! He said he wouldn't be worried if Jack has saying a few words because he hasn't had an infection since dec
  • Jaksyn had tubes in his ears on January 2nd, when they did his hearing test before that they said because of the 6 infections he had in the past 8 or 9 months he had 50% hearing loss and everything he heard was muffled and sounded as though he was under water. We went back for his follow up this past Monday and he has 100% hearing back, he is not talking much though still, but some kids it takes time for, he is much happier since getting the tubes though, I can seem him developing much more personality. I recommend the tubes, why take the chance of permanent hearing loss and then speech problems, atleast that is what my doctor told me could happen.
  • @My2Boys I agree and we are going to do it. Did they tell you they fall out after 6months?
  • They said they could fall out anytime after 6 months to two years, they said he might have to get them in again after that or he might not need them anymore. The doctor said some people need them back in over and over again and some kids only need them once and then they have out grown the problem.
  • @My2Boys thanks for the info!
  • Poor thing :( in glad his getting then though he will feel soo much better! Lots of prayers coming your way.
  • I pray to God ur lil mans ears r good poor lil guy