let's share beauty secrets;)

edited January 2013 in Just for Fun
let's share and ask for secrets on what we need help with.
1.I pluck my arm pits, helps with the darkness and them growing back so fast.
2.I shave with mens razors instead of women's.
3. MY SISTER said, baking soda and peroxide help whiten teeth. It didn't do much on mine :(

1.I need help with my dry feet and hand.
2.Also with my teeth, They're pretty not ugly or nasty yellow but yellow.
3.My face. I have scares from ache and it seems like holes.

Comments

• Not too are mine are considered secrets.
  • 1. I don't wax or pluck my eyebrows. I get them threaded so i won't lose my shape and because it takes at least 3 weeks to grow out again.

2. I use vasaline for soft hands and feet. Im starting to use it on my belly too(pregnant).

And that's all i can think off lol...

1. I also need help with my teeth lol. They are not nasty yellow, but they are somewhat yellow.
    2. I have horrible dark circles around my eyes and they are starting to depress me.
  • For my teeth I use a pre rinse called listening whitening. It's in a white bottle. I rinse swish for 60 seconds and spit. Then brush with Colgate optic white (red tube). It works wonders! Make sure you don't rinse between the swish and brush!
  • @perly benefit cosmetics sells a new eye cream called 'Its Potent' it's wonderful! I don't have dark circles but my husband does and it worked wonders on him! You can buy it at Ulta cosmetics and Macy's. they will test it on you at both places before you buy!
  • @ashley_smashley i will look for that. Thank you :)
    My sleeping schedule has totally changed since my husband started working nights, so im starting to look like a racoon lol.
  • Crest white strips really do work, especially when paired with the crest whitening toothpaste. I'm a smoker and you'd never know it by my teeth!
  • I heard baking soda and 1/2 a lemon squeezed together rub it on for a minute then brush it off
  • @ashley_smashley Ill have to try that @natashalynn I've tried them but it hurts my teeth really bad:-C not sure why. My tenth don't seem sensitive. I have a 100 dollar credit with my dentist but its like 250 for teeth whiteing important not paying that.
    @perly I have really bad circles as well:( we just need to buy what @ashley_smashley said.
  • @morgdeebee
    I hope it works i always have both at home.
  • Don't do them every day. What I did, was do them one day (my teeth would be sensitive) then when they stopped being sensative, do them again. After two or three times they'll be noticeably different. I would never be able to do them for two weeks straight. And I use the ones you only leave on for five minutes.
  • Brush your teeth with charcoal they will come up so white.
  • @silverfairy what kind if charcoal? There is the kind you bbq with, and then other kinds.
  • @silverfairy charcoal? How does that work?
  • 1. Make a diy skin brightener -one part lemon juice, one part witch hazel, one part water. Works wonders for dark spots.

2. If you need a cheap concealer maybelline has one called 24 hour super stay and its awesome :) a higher end one that's beyond amazing is called erase paste I'm pretty sure its by benefit cosmetics.

3. Using conditioner instead of shaving cream than baby oil instead of lotion makes legs SUPER soft.

4. For dry feet lather up your feet with lotion (lots) before bed and put some socks over them. When you wake up they should be soft.

5. Using a tinted moisturizer instead or beauty balm instead of foundation makes you glow and feels a lot lighter with medium coverage (depending on brand.)

6. Green concealer hides red marks.

7. When choosing a concealer go for light! Ex. I'm a shade lighter than olive and in the maybelline concealer i use "cream" which is the 2nd lightest shade.

8. You can thread your eyebrows at home. YouTube it and stop spending money! Lol

9. To grow your eye lashes wash out a mascara tube, get some vaseline warm it up in the microwave until its liquid, pour into the tube and let it harden overnight. Then apply every night before bed. (Keep an eye out when its in the Microwave so it don't catch on fire!)

10. For soft lips make a mixture of honey and sugar, apply it in circular motions on your lips with a clean tooth brush, wipe off than apply chapstick.

11. Whiten teeth with baking soda and lemon.

I have more but i need to hat started on dinner lol
  • Please DO NOT brush your teeth with lemon juice or charcoal. That is terrible for your teeth. I recommend the Colgate optic white to my patients. I also use the listerine whitening rinse and you can use baking soda too. You can rinse with peroxide just be careful not to swallow it.
  • @frantastic is right anything acidic breaks down the enamel on your teeth causing them to no longer be protected therefore you will get cavities. I use colgate whitening past it works great. But if your teeth are yellow just do baking soda few times week until you get were you want to be. This shouldn't be regular thing.
  • Thank you @jules. That made me cringe when I read that. The acid in lemon juice can cause enamel erosion, sensitivity, gum irritation, gum recession and tooth decay. Now I did google the charcoal and maybe that could work but I don't recommend it. Baking soda is a much better option if you want cheap and natural.
  • Coconut oil can be your best friend. I've been using it as conditioner, lotion and face wash and its helped my skin immensely.
  • edited January 2013
    1.I wash my face once a week with toothpaste n soap..wash off once it starts to tingle (with warm water splash cold water) for breakouts
    2.During the week I wash with any kind of face soap n sugar. Make a mask n wash it off with warm or hot water n slash cold water.
    3.I dnt use make up. Most I use is eyeliner.
    4.Vaseline on my lips to keep them soo soft.
    5. Vaseline on my feet with socks throughout the night.

1.dark underpits :(
    2. Stretchmarks
  • @cant_wait93
    do you shave your underarms?
    Stretch marks use Vitamin E it comes in an oil form.It prevents them but nothing really works if you want them.gone.
    @pineapple07 coconutoil? ill have to try it my hair is horrible.
  • @mommylovesparkle thank you, a lot of in sight.:)
  • I also use conditioner and mens razors to shave.
  • Yea I do shave them. N ok I just have the ones I've hsd since my son. But they are still red n pink.
  • edited January 2013
    @Cant_wait93 don't shave, i would suggest plucking i personally wouldn't wax. I also had the redish purple stretch marks and when.i started losing weight they states fading with the vitamin e and drinking lots of water
  • edited January 2013
    @Sands3 I haven't tried shaving with conditioner i really want to get laser hair removal on my legs. Im to lazy sometimes lol
  • I did it one day because I was out of shaving cream. My legs we're so much smoother, I'll never go back to cream!
  • How in the world do you pluck your underarms? That sounds so painful! Lol My oldest daughter tried conditioner once when we were out of shaving cream too & she always uses it now.
  • @wilsomom It hurts the first few times you get use to it. Almost like the first time you plucked your eyebrows it hit but you got is to it. Not so bad after a while you only grow a few and you do.t have to do.other often. no ashes, dark spots nothing.
  • Lemon juice and egg whites used as a facial mask fights oily skin, heals breakouts, and erases acne scars.

Peppermint tea(or oil) and Rosemary help stimulate hair growth