spent yesterday @ l&d

edited January 2013 in Pregnant
I'm 38 weeks today so I'm still a "liability" to them. Called the office contracting and spotting had been stuck at a two for a couple weeks they had me come in and get checked at the office I was at a four told me to go to the hospital. I went to the hospital and after two hours of walking I was a good 4 with no cervical change but 6 hours of active regular contractions every two minutes so they sent me home. I live 45 mins from the hospital and am pissed when I was a 4 with my daughter they admitted me but I'm a week earlier now so they won't :-(

Comments

• I'm still contracting and miserable
  • O wow I cant believe they sent u home being 4 an living 45 mins away thats ridiculas !
  • That's weird of you are contracting I don't understand why they would do that. That's liability on them. Keep timing everything hope your doing ok
  • I guess because they won't give pitocin until 38 weeks complete, unless something is wrong, which is today but my Dr has it as tomorrow, which I have an appointment but I'm still contracting and it makes me nervous being far away. I'm still 2 mins apart but they made me feel so discouraged last night by my cervix not changing even though the contractions were strong that I would feel stupid going back. The nurse wanted to admit me I could tell but its not up to her :-(
  • I've just never heard of just walking around dilated to a 4...kinda crazy to me
  • edited March 2013
  • They aren't considering me term @littlerednova it I only have 14 days until my due date...makes no sense. Was that with your first? I was stuck at a two with my first and thus one from 34-35 weeks on and then now this
  • edited March 2013
  • Wow. Everything I read says term is 37-42. Sounds like they need to check their stats.
  • Think of it like this your beautiful little baby is coming very soon. :X
  • @littlerednova it makes no sense to me at all. I hope I get answers tomorrow at my appointment today was very uncomfortable.
    @ourlittlenugget exactly!! Its some new March of Dimes thing about brain development in the last couple of weeks but umm their brain keeps developing in or out of utero.I don't get it!
    @mylove2 that's very true :-) I'm just a very black and white factual person and I feel like they are leaving me in an uncomfortable contracting state with no answers. I just want a healthy baby and safe delivery and recovery but some explination wouldnt hurt either haha
  • @ourlittlenugget where they are fighting me is that I would need pitocin and that would be considered induction which they don't do unless medically necessary until 39 weeks...uummm I'm contracting its medically be necessary in my eyes
  • I was a 5 for who knows how long. I was only checked once before I had my daughter five days later. But I wasn't having regular contractions..like at all! Plus I lived like 5 minutes away. I would be demanding to stay if I lived that far away.
  • I figured it was that new 39 week initiative. That commercial bugs me every time because I know so many born at 37 and 38 who are perfect, and March of Dimes now makes it seem like there's something wrong with them. If you're 38 and 4 centimeters baby is coming and the hospital should be facilitating safe delivery!
  • @Ourlittlenugget im having a hard time finding any documentation finding that the brain develop doesnt continue once the baby is born. My Dr and I are going to have a serious talk this am bc this is nuts!! Ill keep you ladies updated, my appt is at 9:45. I'm thinking of just showing up refusing to leave the hospital.
  • @trixiesmom did they have to stop labor or something, were you in early labor?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ^^completely agree! I was walking around at a five for quite some time. I had contractions on and off for almost a week! You will know without a doubt when you are in labor!! Just hang in there and keep that baby cooking! They will be her soon enough and no need to "induce" Since your body is progressing!
  • Well you are term but I agree the pitocin shouldn't be given unless medically needed.I didn't want any at all for example but my water broke at 39 weeks and although I had some contractions nothing was really happening so the doc didn't want to risk infection and whatnot so they gave me some to get it going. But man that stuff isn't fun. I know your very uncomfortable but in the long run everything will work out for the best for you and your baby. And then it will do much smoother too without the pitocin.
  • @homebirthadvocate @crystaldawn0830 that does help me to understand, thank you. I def want what's best for the baby and another week of this pain won't kill me. My Dr did say to come in again tomorrow for another aggressive check then again on Monday and then if I still don't go he will induce me on Wednesday. As I was leaving he said I really don't think that you will make it until Monday and I just looked at him and cried because he has no way of knowing that from what I know. He was shocked I didn't deliver the other night, said he called the hospital to check on me and I was gone.
    @Jules I keep praying that my water will break!! It didn't with my first and I was given pitocin and they broke it etc
  • Well u still have time just try your best to relax.
  • You'll be surprised what one of those "aggressive checks" can do. I delivered the next day and those were the same exact words out of my drs mouth after my check! Lol. Get to walking, bouncing, ect! Good luck and best wishes!
  • When I went in the day after I was checked they sent me home, because my contractions subsided and I hadn't made any changes, plus they wanted me to wait till I hit 38w(3 days later). So I did nothing but lay around all weekend. On that tues I was 38w2d my water broke and I was still at a 5 when I got to the hospital and had her 5 hours later.
  • For the record: I cooked mine 42 + 5, and he's pretty awesome ;-)
  • Dude, my due date is 3 days away, and I'm still pregnant. I am sooooo uncomfortable, constantly contracting, losing bloody shows and mucus plugs.. Lol, but still no baby. At least you're dilated to a 4, I'm still at a 2 1/2. I'm probably not going to have this baby until a few days after my due date. Which I'm sure is better than 19 days after like @Ourlittlenugget. How in the world were you that late? Did they get your due date wrong?
  • @Emmieken she already had daughter yesterday.
  • @Emmieken I was that late! I know when I conceived him and I just wasn't willing to have induction. I did go into labor at 42, but it took another 5 days to actually get him out! :-) You're lucky you're dilated already! That's a good sign. I have 2 weeks left and really hope I don't go over this time!!
  • I just had my son yesterday. My water broke at 11:30 pm on Saturday, I had him yesterday at 6:07pm. I pushed for 11 minutes and he was out. So I gave birth the day before my due date.