opk as hpt

edited January 2013 in Trying to conceive
I just learned tonight about women using opks as hpts! I am a fertility dunce though and would appreciate some help. I am in month 1 of ttc baby number 2. I am only about 6dpo give or take a day (so early i know) but since a few days after my O i have been getting extremely positive opks which makes me unsure when my real O actually was. I just took one last night and got a very positive opk and neg hpt. Can anyone offer inputs?

Comments

• Didn't work for me. I am 17 weeks now
  • Did you have neg opks after conception? Mine ks still positive! Maybe theres a problem with me
  • I got positive opks after conception..
  • Check out the pee on a stick website.
  • I did check that site out @mommyof3girls it said i would have a positive hpt before opk
    I had a neg hpt :( but i started sneezing alot today and got a sore throat...my first indicator that i was pregnant with my daughter :) going to try not to get my hopes up but also remain positive!
  • @nikki2690 how many dpo were you when u got ur positive opk? Or what cycle day? I am thinking that i wouldn't have a positive opk as early as i did if i was pregnant. I was only 6 or 7 days dpo. Who knows though lol according to the tests I'm still o'ing
  • edited January 2013
    My cycles are fairly regular. 30 days.. What is so weird is I was supposed to get my period August 3rd. .. Took a test the 10tg it was negative.. Took one the 11th it was negative.. Took one the 12th negative.. Took an opk same day negative.. Took a teat the 17th and an opk both positive. So I really don't know