When will it start?

edited January 2013 in Breastfeeding
I have been EBF my almost 8 month old baby girl Saaba from birth and my goal is to EBF until 12 months but past that would be my ultimate goal.My question is when will I get my period? I haven't even had not even 1 spot since I've been breastfeeding this entire time.It's cool but I'm always scared I'm pregnant even though I use protection.I know,I'm weird.

Comments

• You will ovulate b4 your period. I have not had a period since jan 2011. I cut back on feedingd to start ovulating and got preggers on tge first try.
  • Every woman is different. I got mine 9 months pp and I ebf dd, introduced solids at 10 months. We got pregnant on that cycle but miscarried. Im still bfing dd (14 months old) and am getting a regular period now. We were ttc since she was 3 months but I am one of the ones who didnt ovulate until I got my period.
  • welp ..here I am 16 months later and still no period ..I haven't had one since dec 2010..before I got pregnant. I know my time is coming soon since I got a spot last friday..don't really know when I'll get it though..I just think soon
  • I was ebf and it was a few months after Lo's first birthday. Took me by surprise because I didn't have any of my normal signs. If you don't want another keep using protection even if you don't think you'll need it.
  • edited January 2013
    I got mine 1 month after i stopped bf
  • And you're not weird! Sounds like a normal concern to me! :)
  • I stopped breastfeeding my son in September and got my period on my effin birthday in November
  • I got mine 6 weeks after I had Brandi who is 8 years, Sumer who is 6 years and Sophie who is 9 months now and is still breastfeeding
  • I am also currently 4 1/2 months pregnant.
  • I wish I was as lucky as you guys! I had my period on a regular basis while breastfeeding my kids lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thank you ladies! @HomeBirthAdvocate I've been trying to introduce her to solids but she doesn't like them so I usually just don't. I EBF her but I'm kind of starting to miss my period Lol I tried to give her a bottle but she will not take it at all. So I guess it just all depends on time,huh? I want it so I can feel like a normal woman again... Do any of you ladies feel less of a woman since you didn't get yours for a while? Years even,like me...