FERTILITY TREAMENTS COST????

ValVal
edited January 2013 in Trying to conceive
i got my W-2 today from work-- and we had alot of diff plans about what we wanted to do with out money i get about 4 grand back and he gets about 2 grand plus his vacation check he should be getting from work soon which is probably another 3 grand..anyway im starting to think screw the vacation the new car and paing off my bills-- wat if we use it for fertility treatments?? how much does that run for?? do insurances cover it?? i really do think an IUI will help us out any body know or know anyone that would know

Comments

• The fertility clinic I went to says an iui range from 2 grand & up. They charge for every lil thing from Ultrasound, pregnancy test, the shot, n so on. Have u tried clomid?
  • @nylasMommy yes ive done 6 months of clomid the bf got tested couple of times with very low sperm count 12 million so my OB refered him to an Urologist he has dr appoint next week. so im waiting to see what the dr reffers him to do
  • That's a lot of money from what I heard it's just like what @nylasmommy says the minimum is 2 but that's just the start not counting the shots, treatments, appointments testing it will add up. I would call do my research first.
  • Definitely wait and see what the urologist says. Fertility treatments will probably be ineffective if he is the issue :( unless there are treatments for him!
  • Honestly i don't think the fertility treatments would work until he gets treated. :( What's meant to be WILL be even if it means waiting longer.
  • You poor thing :( I wish I could give my fertility to some of you ladies. I surely don't need or want it. It's so unfair.
  • @val I would ask ur doc about the costs of an iui. Most woman (only from what I've read on ttc boards) take a couple to actually get pregnant. Do u have Facebook? If you do join the high on hormones group. I think someone just made a post about getting one. She may be able to give u an idea of costs. I know some insurances cover some things but not all.
  • @captivated @mommyof3girls @mommylovessparkle @jules
    I'm definitely waiting after his urologist appointment. I don't understand why a fertility treatment wouldn't work he has sperm is just low that's why I think a IUI will work.
  • @Val well I think it's great idea to wait after the appointment and I'm sure the doc can answer a lot of your questions my advice is write them down to take with you. Because I don't know about you but me personally I forget that kind thing in the moment then I come home and remember but then it's too late
  • @jules im so nervous for him!! :-ss im trying to be soo supportive for him. We joke about him getting checked and all but that's just a way of him being ok with it. Thanx girl for ur support
  • Well I think it will go great! And your doing great job I think kinda laughing things off is great for guys really helps them to not take it to seriously or be self conscious. Soo good for you! I can't wait until you guys go hopefully you get some answers.
  • @Val does your bf smoke? That can play a huge part in low sperm count. Also, have you tried femara instead of clomid? That worked better for me. Another thing, there's a lubricant out there called preseed, it is safe to use while ttc and even helps the lil spermies get to their destination! Worked for us! Good luck!
  • @kittypotato- no he doesnt smoke. But he does drink on the weekends-- My dr didnt want o prescibe me anythign else or bump me up of milagrams because Clomid did help me. We've used Preseed. we've done all the procedures i can possibily do its going on 6 years we havent used anythign or avoided it but its almost 3 yrs actually seeing drs about it. the first time they tested my bf he was at 20 mill dr wasnt too worried about him than he got tested about 7 months after his SA dropped to 12.5 million =(
  • edited January 2013
  • @kittypotato @Val where can I find that lube cause we use lube sometimes but ours is lube/message oil soo I think I should get another one.
  • @jules i go it before at Target. I believe WalMart has it also. They come with lil tube your supposed to feel it up and put it in you i think its like 20 min before but a whole tube is ALOT i would only use half of one real watery
  • @Val thank you I found it. I guess it's bet helpful as well with helping the sperm swim. Soo I got couple things to make things all romantic and I'm excited so hopefully he will be as well!
  • I found mine at cvs.... @Val . . . If its lowering maybe he needs more than a sperm count?? Is there anything else availablle?? My husbands count was good but his motility was low, that's why preseed helped us.
  • @kittypotato no as far as we're concern its just low. Motility is good. My dr even performed the procedure where we have sex than he checks my cm with his sperm they were good. Next week has to hurry so he can go see the urologist n move forward
  • I agree with the preseed! We tried for a year and a half to get pregnant, I bought a tube of that stuff and the first month we used it we got pregnant. That stuff is magical I swear! :)
  • What city are you in you should check fertility research studies they are free
  • @kayleigh27 I was able to find it at target! And I also bought ovulation kit has 20 digital tests in there so hopefully this will be the month. Have u ever used those before I hope those two things can do the job! Plus the fun night I have planned
  • Yep I used ovulation tests with the lune. But like the other person said. Robt use the whole applicator like it says to. Its too much. I just put 1 to 2ml up there
  • edited February 2013
    @kayleigh27 soo u think I should be using my ovulation kit everyday until I get that smily face? Lol and I'm really hoping this helps... And your right I can't imagine using the whole thing it would be everywhere...oh and it says on the directions to test same time everyday and it's best if you don't use the bathroom for 4 hours before testing so to me it would have it be in the morning but I've read somewhere that morning urine could throw off the results but I cant not go to the bathroom for 4 hrs during the day..