I really worried about my lo

emyemy
edited January 2013 in Ages & Stages
My daughter bumps her head all the time and I don't mean softly. She falls off the couch, out of chairs, on the corner of stuff, and she falls back as hard as she can on the floor on purpose. Im so worried I thought about taking her to the dr just to get her poor little head checked out. She scares me a least twice a day. Im a sahm so im with her all the time i just cant catch her everytime :-( Any advice.

Comments

• How old is she? Has she ever gotten a big goose egg (bump) on the back of her head after falling? Has she ever lost consiousness? My pedi says a bump on the forhead isnt much concern, but a bump on the back of the head could be. I would talk to your pedi.
  • My LO does it all the time too and it scares the hell out of me. But its like he doesn't even feel it.
  • edited January 2013
    my son is 15 months now hits he's head all the time when he was younger he would fall back wards OMG that scared me my son had got a big bumb on the fore head I took him n they did xray he just had bruising thank God could have been worse he had fell off the bed that time but I wish he wouldn't do this cause its sad seeing him cry but I know I have many more falls to come
  • My daughter used to do that from around 11-13 months but thankfully she stopped. I used to get really worried and take it really hard because i was scared she would hurt herself. It didn't seem to bother her but it was horrible for me. Just watch out if you lo hits its head and the bump goes in ward. That's bad.
  • My son fell off a foot stool forward on his head after thanksgiving had a huge goose egg! Then like a week later fell out of the cart reavhing for something. Thank god i was able to brake the impact but it was absolutley the last.time i let him stand in the cart. He always used to try and stand up in the seat even with seay beltbelt
  • I say cover your butt, I say get her checked out, long story short, in in this class (child abuse class) issues with my teenager and i getting into a fist fight, anyways in my class there's this girl really sweet girl she said her son used to always fall and bang himself up in the noggen and one day he feel backwards and started too have a seizer(sp) he and her husband rushed him to the hospital or call 911 and three little boy had a cranial crack her son was taken away by cps us been about six months and no one knows exactly what happened. I believe her, better safe than sorry, oh btw she's not the only one in the class with this similar situation, don't mean to scare you just trying to help you a little just get her checked make sure your concerns are addressed and are documented!